• 10(current)
Release Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows
(2014-03-30, 00:10)dknlght Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 15:53)grebit2 Wrote: I reupdated the module and still having errors.

I uploaded the logfile from the time I started the Viki til when I get the error message to give you a bigger picture. Does it matter which Advanced XML file I use?

Thanks again!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=161284

unfortunately the logs aren't giving me any details on the error. I thought your issue was the same h04n9 but looks like it's not. Has it been working for you on this same device and all of a sudden doesn't work? this error is usually related to you not having the right modules it needs but it normally shows up with a new install or someone starting over because they forgot to install all the components.

I was able to use the module until this week. I think after version 13, it stopped working. At first, I thought it may have been the site updating and just waited out. In any case, I did not add anything new to the system.
(2012-12-15, 09:10)dknlght Wrote: First of all this is a great site for Asian drama. a lot of the videos have 720p quality plus they have subtitles is many language. Again if you haven't done so already install my repo below and install viki addon. You can select which language all your subs will load in, if the video you are watching has no sub in the language you choose then it will default to English. this is an initial release so hopefully I got all the bugs.

http://dk-xbmc-repaddon.googlecode.com/f...paddon.zip

in case you can't download the above link here's another link

http://fusion.xbmchub.com/movies-tv/repo...paddon.zip

Hi
I used both links provided but it kept showing "server connector error". I have a MX2 Andoid box. I am new to this. Please help. Thank you
Jeff
(2014-03-31, 23:14)jefft Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 09:10)dknlght Wrote: First of all this is a great site for Asian drama. a lot of the videos have 720p quality plus they have subtitles is many language. Again if you haven't done so already install my repo below and install viki addon. You can select which language all your subs will load in, if the video you are watching has no sub in the language you choose then it will default to English. this is an initial release so hopefully I got all the bugs.

Hi
I used both links provided but it kept showing "server connector error". I have a MX2 Andoid box. I am new to this. Please help. Thank you
Jeff

are you seeing the error from within xmbc when using the viki addon or are you saying you get that error trying to download the repository from the links provided? if you are having trouble installing the repo follow the instruction from the link
Code:
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/fusion-easy-addon-installation-for-xbmc/
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
Is the viki addon supposed to display subtitle? I have used the Set subtitle menu and set to English but when I played the video, there is no subtitle displayed. Am I doing it wrong?

I am running Android version of XBMC on WelTV.
I have trouble with the link provided. Anyway, I installed it on the depository as suggested and it works. Sorry I should read some more. Btw, I do not have "Dramafever", I guess it is not included on the zip file. Thank you

(2014-04-01, 04:39)llngoc Wrote: Is the viki addon supposed to display subtitle? I have used the Set subtitle menu and set to English but when I played the video, there is no subtitle displayed. Am I doing it wrong?

Mine has subtitle. Just to make sure the show has subtitled ready.
Thanks for the reply. Is there a way I can tell if a show already has subtitle?

(2014-04-01, 22:56)jefft Wrote: I have trouble with the link provided. Anyway, I installed it on the depository as suggested and it works. Sorry I should read some more. Btw, I do not have "Dramafever", I guess it is not included on the zip file. Thank you

(2014-04-01, 04:39)llngoc Wrote: Is the viki addon supposed to display subtitle? I have used the Set subtitle menu and set to English but when I played the video, there is no subtitle displayed. Am I doing it wrong?

(2014-04-01, 01:01)dknlght Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 23:14)jefft Wrote:

Hi
Jeff

are you seeing the error from within xmbc when using the viki addon or are you saying you get that error trying to download the repository from the links provided? if you are having trouble installing the repo follow the instruction from the link
Code:
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/fusion-easy-addon-installation-for-xbmc/

dknlght:
I have issues with links provided. Anyway, I installed your zip successfully thru the depository and have Viki installed. I notice that there is no "Dramafever" in this zip. I guess it is not included. Sorry, I should read some more before asking. One more question, I am not able to install "Veetle" on my Android box. Searched thru youtube etc.. but nothing works. My "fusion" directory does not have the "videos" folder per instruction or "Veetle" pre-installed to add. Read some other threads, it said i have to have the latest XBMC frodo v12.3. Is there a direct link to Veetle zip? Not sure what to do, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Getting this from viki on Frodo 12.3 "Script Error: viki plugin" just FYI. Thanks for the hard work!
(2014-04-02, 06:38)llngoc Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Is there a way I can tell if a show already has subtitle?

(2014-04-01, 22:56)jefft Wrote: I have trouble with the link provided. Anyway, I installed it on the depository as suggested and it works. Sorry I should read some more. Btw, I do not have "Dramafever", I guess it is not included on the zip file. Thank you

Unfortunately, xbmc does not show percentage translation completed. Try older show to see if it works for you (for example: Dong Yi). Best of luck
One more question. I am using MX Player as an external player. Will this affe how subtitle work?

(2014-04-06, 07:36)llngoc Wrote: One more question. I am using MX Player as an external player. Will this affe how subtitle work?

yes, there's additional components you need to install to get subtitles and such working. I don't remember the steps though
Hi, anyone knows how to get the subtitle for MX Player to work with add-on??

(2014-04-06, 18:25)dknlght Wrote:
(2014-04-06, 07:36)llngoc Wrote: One more question. I am using MX Player as an external player. Will this affe how subtitle work?

yes, there's additional components you need to install to get subtitles and such working. I don't remember the steps though
I created for my favorites page in xbmc a nice hires plugin icon. Looks much better I think.
If dknlght want to replace your icon you can use it. :-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241...i_icon.png
I got this idea while using chrome to view the contents of some foreign language sites and it automatically translate the content for me and I thought it would be nice to have the same feature in my addons since 90% of my addons are not in English. I've implemented this on the fly translation feature in two of my addons

1. VIKI
2. HDonline

I use google translate to translate the addon content (menu items etc..) to whatever language that google translate allow you to use. I even translate the subtitles to the chosen language as well which is why I've only implemented this feature in these two addons because they have soft subs. Since I couldn't test this in all the available languages let me know it works for you.

This feature is not enabled by default so to check it out go into addon settings and enable translation. Then an additional menu item will appear in the addon allowing you to choose the language to use. Google translate seems fairly decent with English and European languages but needs a little work with the Asian ones lol. But hopefully it's good enough where you can get the gist of what they're saying.
I just did a fresh start on my device, and it is telling me that the Viki add on is broken. HELP!!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viki.com Video Add-on - Asian Drama MOVIES & TV Shows4