IPAD TO TV OR AIRPLAY
I have an iPad 2 with XBMC and also I have the ATV 3 which I want to use somewhere else but just want to know what is the best way to get the best picture quality from xbmc, would it by doing AirPlay from the iPad to the atv3 or connecting my IPad directly to the the tv via hdmi connection? I would go for the latter but I wasn't sure if the picture would be the correct size on the screen as it would using the ATV.
In theory, connecting the iPad 2 directly to the TV should allow 1080 output, but the normal XBMC build for iOS only does 720 (can't be added till after v12 is released, since there's a feature freeze). There's a 1080 test build floating around the iOS forum somewhere that Memphiz made. Both 720 and 1080 modes will output to the proper 16:9 ratio of the TV. Same with AirPlay mirroring to the ATV3, except AirPlay mirroring is also limited to 720. Directions for both external display and AirPlay mirroring can be found on the iOS FAQ (wiki).
Would movie play via AirPlay stutter and be pixelated slightly compared to connecting the iPad directly? I'll be picking them up later so can test for myself if your not sure.
Not sure. I don't have an A5 iOS device, so I've never directly tested it myself.
skip airplay - go for the hdmi cable.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPAD TO TV OR AIRPLAY0