[Windows] [Solved] Missing Channels in Timeline
Tongue 
Hi:

Sorry if my description is a bit off, I'm at work typing this from memory my 20/20 memory. I have NextPVR setup with Frodo RC1 on Windows and Hauppauge 2250 and I'm missing channels in the Timeline Guide. I have everything from 2-125 but missing anything from 126-450.

They're there in the Next PVR frontend, they're there in the EPG Channel Setup screen in XBMC, and they're there in the "All Channels" list and work. When I go into the Timeline guide they're gone and the Timeline is setup for All Channels. What's going on? What did I mess up this time? Ha!

Channels 126-230 are part of the Cablebox's 2-125 Cable Box Channel List. Channels 230-250 are ATSC OTA and 300-450 are the cablebox's Galaxy music stations.

I was having this issue with Eden and XNewa but was hoping that I could run away from my issues like I have with everything else in life by upgrading to Frodo - but like everything else in life, it didn't help. Tongue

Hi a_team. You'd probably need to post the xbmc.log and web.log for me to check this out. Might be easier to post these logs over at the NextPVR forums.
Channels, which have no EPG data, are not shown in Timeline.
(2012-12-19, 00:54)LAW-Mastermind Wrote: Channels, which have no EPG data, are not shown in Timeline.

True - I see that... But why am I not getting EPG data for those channels ranges in XBMC but I am when I run the NPVR front-end?

There's a set of the channels which are OTA ATSC and get their EPG data from DVB/ATSC but only 1 or 2 of the 7 channels show.
The Cable Box source I use mc2xml and I get everything up to that 12x channel list.

I'll p*ss around with it this weekend and if I can't figure it out by monday I'll upload my log files in shame.
Solution: Use Schedules Direct for your EPG not mc2xml if you reside in Canada.

To properly address this issue, I need to begin to explain that I'm in Canada and was using mc2xml as my EPG source. It would work in the front end of NextPvr because I would go into NPVR questioning where the channels went, update the EPG in NPVR and check out the NPVR schedule. When updating the NPVR EPG, mc2xml would obtain what's currently playing on the channels in question but nothing past that. This explains why it would work initially but when I check out XBMC it wouldn't because its EPG hasn't updated. It turned out to work when I would update NPVRs EPG then XBMC's but after 30 minutes my channels would start disappearing again.

When I switched to Schedules Direct (a more legit EPG source in Canada), everything works great. This is the first set-back of being Canadian, but considering the solution costs 25$/year... I can live with it.

NPVR 1.6.2 with Timeshift & Frodo RC2 is working great! Thank you for all your hard work and long hours!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] [Solved] Missing Channels in Timeline0