Req Allow XBMC to suspend while paused
Hi

Right now, what ever energy saving settings you put in the options, XBMC can only go into suspend/sleep mode if the system is idle since a while but not if a video is paused (even if paused since xxx minutes and nothing touched).
Would be really useful to let XBMC go into sleep in this condition...cause my children are never finishing to watch their movie. They put a pause and then XBMC is running all night long
Your children? I myself fell asleep with a movie paused last night and I'm a grown man LOL. We all need this eventually.
what do you expact on wakup then? I'm pretty sure xbmcs dvdplayer won't recover from sleep very well when suspended during paused state...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well dvdplayer can at least restart from any place in the film, so more or less it is capable...
That needs to be implemented - so no it is not capable of what you think atm.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
+1 I think this feature would be very useful. For the same reasons as the thread starter... the kids often leave something paused and then go off and forget about it. I have a 20 min shutdown timer set but it doesnt work when it's paused.

Obviously not everyone would want this feature, certainly not by default but a toggle would be nice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow XBMC to suspend while paused0