override remote skip behavior
When playing a TV Show or movie, i want the next_track to remap to BigStepForward so I can easily skip commercials. I've succeeded to do this for everything in keyboard.xml but it doesn't work when using a remote app implementing JSON-RPC or web interface.

Anyone have some experience they can share?
malamber, are you able to get this done for small steps back for live tv, I've been trying to it never works.

If you have the xml to help would you maind sharing with info where to add the code?

Thanks in advance.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't tried this with live TV, because I have a HDHomeRun Prime network tuner. However, it's trivial to override the keyboard mappings within the full-screen video subsection:
Code:
<Video>
    <keyboard>
      <f>FastForward</f>
      <r>Rewind</r>
      <period>StepForward</period>
      <comma>StepBack</comma>
      <backspace></backspace>
      <quote>SmallStepBack</quote>
      <opensquarebracket>BigStepForward</opensquarebracket>
      <closesquarebracket>BigStepBack</closesquarebracket>
      <return>OSD</return>
      <enter>OSD</enter>
      <m>OSD</m>
      <i>Info</i>
      <o>CodecInfo</o>
      <z>AspectRatio</z>
      <t>ShowSubtitles</t>
      <t mod="ctrl">SubtitleAlign</t>
      <l>NextSubtitle</l>    
      <left>StepBack</left>
      <right>StepForward</right>
      <up>BigStepForward</up>
      <down>BigStepBack</down>
      <a>AudioDelay</a>
      <escape></escape>
      <v>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Teletext)</v>
      <up mod="ctrl">SubtitleShiftUp</up>
      <down mod="ctrl">SubtitleShiftDown</down>
    </keyboard>
  </Video>

I've also added values to advancedsettings.xml to specify the time spans for small, normal, and big steps back and forward.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking> <!-- Whether to use time based or percentage based seeking. -->
        <timeseekforward>20</timeseekforward> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to 30. -->
        <timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward> <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to -30. -->
        <timeseekforwardbig>40</timeseekforwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
        <timeseekbackwardbig>-60</timeseekbackwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
    </video>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
override remote skip behavior0