Linux Strange problem with Satellite-TV
Hi,

a few month ago I talked some friend into trying out XBMC or - to be more precise - OpenElec (which includes XBMC with TVheadend). Now he is stuck with a very strange problem and I somehow feel responsible for trying to help him.

He has an Zotac MAG (Intel Atom-CPU and NVidia iON-Chipset) and a TechnoTrend S2-3600 USB-Satellite-Card. He also tried out another card (PCTVSat 460e) but the problem remains the same:

- When connecting his various regular Sat-receivers he is able to receive all Astra and Hotbird channels without any problems.

- When using Windows with Windows Media Center or ProgDVB he is also able to receive Astra and Hotbird channels without any problems.

- When using XBMC (OpenElec) with TVheadend he can receive all Hotbird channels, but no Astra channels. Muxes are showing "unknown" provider, even when entering them manually. And no services (channels) are comming up.

Conclusion:
Until here it would seem as if there is some compatibility problem with TVheadend and the Sat-Card (even though the Card is supposed to work with TVHeadend follwoing other user comments)

- But when trying out another Sat-Card like the PCTV-Sat e460 (which is working fine under XBMC with TVHeadend) the problem remains the same.

- And - as for the the strangest part - when trying out his Zotac-MAG with his Sat-Card at my home everything works perfect. All Hotbird AND Astra-Channels are found instantly.

Conclusion:
Huh

We already tried various versions of OpenElec 2.0 (XBMC Eden) and 3.0 (XBMC Frodo). We also tried entering the muxes manually and adjusting the frequences slightly. But no difference. No channels are found at his home. We also tried to setup the channels at my home (which is working fine) and then just connect the PC at his home, but all Astra channels are showing no signal then.

It seems we cannot get Astra channels at his home, but only under XBMC/TVHeadend. Under Windows everything is working fine even at his home.

Has anyone an idea what to try out next or even how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

FantasticN
Have you looked at tvheadend through the web interface, or are you only going on what you can see in XBMC? I presume that, by your mux comments, you are indeed looking at tvh, but it's worth checking...

After that, I'd start to dig into the config in tvh - I'm using Astra 28.2E, so I'm happy to check your settings against mine if it helps at all. I guess you've already done that comparison with your own installation, though...
(2012-12-16, 15:02)fantasticn Wrote: Has anyone an idea what to try out next or even how to solve the problem?

Just a hunch, but I have had some diseqc switches that were very particular with voltage levels and what not. Try switching the astra/hotbird inputs on your switch and see if that changes anything.

/D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange problem with Satellite-TV0