pass DTS Sound from PC to Home Theater via DLNA
Hello to everyone. From the very beginning i want to appologize for my not-so-good english, isn't my native.
For a week (maybe more) I've searched many places for an answer. None came yet.

Are given the following:

1. PC / Notebook
2. Wireless Router
3. Home Theater LG BH9520TW
4. LG SmartTV 32LM620s

SmartTV yand home theater and are both connected to the Internet through this router, both supporting wireless and wired, preferring the for linear transfer of data without any problems, especially when streaming video with high bitrates. PC / notebook are related wireless / wired to router. The last two (LG BH9520TW and LG 32LM620s) are DLNA ceritficate.
The vast majority of movies that interest me are 1080p in .mkv format with DTS sound. Although both theater and smartTV are DLNA build-in, I opted to play movies via DLNA on home theater to get the sound straight from the .mkv container and play it in the 9.1 speakers system of the nome theater and take the picture on TV through HDMI 1.4 ARC (without having to send the sound to tv and the returning it to home theater. Home Theater knows the Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD Master Audio.

Question:
Please let me know if XBMC does knows just to make the DTS sound pass-through from the .mkv from my PC-ului/Notebook-ului HDD's via DLNA and play DTS sound in my home theater without silliness reencodare in AC3 or AAC? I mean I want to play the movie from Home Theater menu connected to smartTV and the sound that the home theater receives to be directlly native DTS sound included in the .mkv file.

Any form of response is more than wellcome!
Thank you very much for reading this.
Under System > Settings > Audio Output there are options to allow it to pass AC3 and DTS to the receiver. It should work.

I hope that answered your question
Thank you for the answer. I've already look there but the option are to output audio via Analog/HDMI/Optical/Coax, i'm guessing this is applicable if i want to send through this type of cables the sound from PC's audio card but there is no option to select as DLNA. If i understand corecttly, all this options referes to outputing the sound using audio card, am i wrong?

Audio output device DirectSOund Speakers - Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Passthrought output Device DirectSound: SPDIF (i quess TOSLINK) - Realtek Digital Output

So, even i select HDMI or Optical, i only have the option of selceting the sound using audio card not DLNA.
Yes, I don't know how to (or even if you can) output audio separately from a DLNA server.

If your receiver is sending the video to the TV what's the problem?
(2012-12-17, 07:25)moffa Wrote: Yes, I don't know how to (or even if you can) output audio separately from a DLNA server.

If your receiver is sending the video to the TV what's the problem?

My problem is that the home theater is not receiving DTS sound (i know that because the DTS sound option in his menu is grey indicating there is no DTS sound input on it), but only Dolby.
Have you enabled the DTS capable receiver in the XBMC menu? Got to sleep will try to help tomorrow.
OpenELEC on Raspberry Pi / XBMCbuntu on Intel HD4000 (3225)
(2012-12-17, 07:31)moffa Wrote: Have you enabled the DTS capable receiver in the XBMC menu? Got to sleep will try to help tomorrow.

Yes, option enabled, actually, all the option with "capable receiver" are enabled, DTS, AAC, TrueHD, DTS-HD but if i have no option of selecting the output type (DLNA) but only HDMI and Optical, these options enabled are only valid if i were using this type of connectiong but not for DLNA. Thank you anyway for your answer, good night.
You are pulling your media from XBMC using DLNA from your SmartTV if i got you right. Decoding are passing through any raw audio format is up to the TV in that case and nothing which can be influenced by any settings of XBMC. Most likly your TV is not allowed to passthrough DTS (most TVs aren't because of lack of license).

If i got you wrong - try to describe the problem in some short sentences (who is playing the movie - smarttv or xbmc <- thats the only important information here)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-17, 10:45)Memphiz Wrote: You are pulling your media from XBMC using DLNA from your SmartTV if i got you right. Decoding are passing through any raw audio format is up to the TV in that case and nothing which can be influenced by any settings of XBMC. Most likly your TV is not allowed to passthrough DTS (most TVs aren't because of lack of license).

If i got you wrong - try to describe the problem in some short sentences (who is playing the movie - smarttv or xbmc <- thats the only important information here)

The movie isn't played either from smartTV nor by XMBC but from the Home Cinema using his SmartShare option (DLNA). I enter the home theater menu, search for sevices connected through DLNA, find de XBMC and look for shared content there and play it. The TV doesn't have to decode the sound since the sound is received by the home theater and played in the 9.1 system and the video only is sent to the tv using HDMI connection between home theater and smart tv.
Home theater, i appologize for the link, is: LG BH9520TW Home Cinema System.
Then it has nothing to do with XBMC but with whatever this smartshare thingy does.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Good, let's put it another way:

Which are the correct settings in the audio meniu of XBMC for a 9.1 (5.1. + 3D surround speakers one for each tallboy) to be made for having DTS sound passed from PC to home theater?
These settings don't even do anything for any dlna players.

For AVR connected via HDMI i would say we are not able to support 9.1 (7.1 is max for HD audio iirc). Settings would be - just check any pass through options (dts, ac3, dts-hd if the receiver supports those) and set your speaker setup to 9.1 (not possible in xbmc - as stated already).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pass DTS Sound from PC to Home Theater via DLNA 0