• 2(current)
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
Works fine with raspbmc. With OE I get spammed with "Could not connect" errors when I enable the tvheadendclient and I can't connect to IP:9981.
Doveman2 I don´t know what version you use, but I tried the last two versions (Beta 3 and RC2) and I still get no live tv.
EPG is loading but no image and sound.
I tried Raspbmc RC2 too and found SD channels (MPEG2) to be working consistently but it's not without issues:
- The aspect ratio is incorrect (forced to 4:3). A workaround is to manually set the aspect ration to 16:9.
- It seems to do some pre-playback stuff as seen by the play/pause/play/pause changes in the top-right corner. It takes about 2-3 seconds before playback starts. Note that this is mostly a usability issue. When you are flicking through channels you don't want to wait 3 seconds before the playback starts.

HD channels are still black screen for me.

Note: RC2 uses the Tvheadend add-on 1.6.6 whereas OpenELEC betas use 1.6.4. Maybe try to update OpenELEC to 1.6.6?
I also have this issue.
Server running on RPi and I can access epg, channel list etc from both pc and said RPi but playback works only on my windows PC and on RPi there is only a blank screen. On tvheadend system log there are no issues listed, everything looks fine - by that I mean that RPi is supposed to be playing.
I tried OE 3 RC1 (2.99.1) with same result This one uses TVHeadend version 1.6.10.
I also red in this forum that there is a problem with Frodo RC2 and TVHeadend.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149826
(2012-12-17, 15:47)gimli Wrote: tvheadend doesn't work due a decoder bug in the RPi firmware. You can use vdr as a temporary solution.

Has this been reported to RasPi? I can't find an issue on github for it. Is there anywhere I can track progress on it?

Why does it work with VDR, but not tvheadend?
(2013-01-05, 03:50)spin-dizzy Wrote: Has this been reported to RasPi? I can't find an issue on github for it. Is there anywhere I can track progress on it?

Have you tried a recent build?
A failing file was captured by gimli and this has been fixed. There have been a number of success reports in Raspbmc form.
it still failed last week. i'll rebuild an image from the current master and verify
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
@popconrmix: which fix are you referring to?
Please post a link so that I know if I have already tried it and not spend time on a new build.
Thanx
(2013-01-05, 13:33)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 03:50)spin-dizzy Wrote: Has this been reported to RasPi? I can't find an issue on github for it. Is there anywhere I can track progress on it?

Have you tried a recent build?
A failing file was captured by gimli and this has been fixed. There have been a number of success reports in Raspbmc form.

I'm using OpenElec RC1 which was released January 3rd.
I have same black screen issues with HD mpeg4 tv channels. My SD mpeg4 channels are fine. Raspbmc RC2, tvheadend 1.6.6; HD channels play fine on windows laptop
OpenELEC 3 RC1, no luck with either SD or HD mpeg4 channels.
Hi

update to Openelec 2.99.1 no luck same behaver as bevor some tv are working and some not
update Tvheadend to 3.2.34 no luck with channel hooping
tv settings changend to 1280x720 same problem
Right, I still ge the same results with all Openelec versions I have tried (even compiled one with the latest and greatest xbmc and pvr-addons).
It is definitely an rpi thing, either omxplayer bug or firmware/kernel/network bug.
Would be very grateful if someone took a serious look at this, it is quite frustrating...
same thing here
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5