• 4(current)
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
I'll submit my logs and details to the opened tickets.
Thank you guys,
hope to enjoy live tv on my rPi asap

Bye
The only winning move is not to play.
My issue for omxplayer was closed Undecided

popcornmix commented an hour ago
This github repo is for command line omxplayer, not the omxplayer in xbmc.
This would be a better place for bug reports:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13783
(2013-01-18, 17:57)xoox Wrote: My issue for omxplayer was closed Undecided

popcornmix commented an hour ago
This github repo is for command line omxplayer, not the omxplayer in xbmc.
This would be a better place for bug reports:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13783

You should also read why.
I already read why, but I'm a little bit confused about the problem: Nobody knows what is exactly causing the issue (tvheadend, tvheadend addon, xbmc, omxplayer, firmware, broadcom). On top, I didn't knew there's a difference between command line omxplayer and omxplayer in xbmc...
(2013-01-15, 20:41)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-01-15, 17:19)Ned Scott Wrote: Last I heard, the issue was in the R-Pi firmware, and there's nothing XBMC can do on our level. I don't really know how all that works or why that is, but I do trust the people who said it.

I investigated this. Manages to reproduce problem and got this log file:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3669512/temp/xbmc_headend.log

Lars said:

"This doesn't seem right to me.

23:49:32 T:2805740608 DEBUG: COMXPlayer::SetCaching - caching state 2
23:49:32 T:2805740608 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXSetSpeed 0 buffering 0
23:49:32 T:2805740608 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXSetSpeed 1 buffering 0
23:49:32 T:2778264640 DEBUG: COMXPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg:TongueLAYER_SETSPEED
23:49:32 T:2805740608 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
23:49:32 T:2805740608 DEBUG: COMXPlayer - CDVDMsg:TongueLAYER_SETSPEED speed : 1000

caching state 2 = CACHESTATE_PVR
This means that player must be paused until the video and audio buffers
are filled up enough before starting to play the stream.
Last line from this paste indicates that playback is starting, before
caching state is set to CACHESTATE_DONE, and even before stream
descriptions are requested from demux.
So my best guess is that this is causing the problem."

which looks like an omxplayer problem.

I believe I've additional clue that points in the same direction as the above quote (cache issues).
When adding the TVHeadEnd via Videos (just add "htsp://tvheadendsrv:9982") as in the old method before the XBMC-PVR builds (no LiveTV), I can see the stream buffering for a good 5-10 seconds before starting, but the thing is - it always starts and doesn't stay black as in LiveTV.
The issue may not be in the omx player implementation itself since playing TS streams works with other add-ons and even from .strm files.

The logs above suggests that it's just the way the omx player API is invoked. Assuming this is true, wouldn't we be able to compare the Tvheadend add-on calls to the omx component with a known-to-work PVR add-on? For example compare the calls the VDR add-on makes to the Tvheadend add-on calls?

I am having a similar problem.

I am in Australia - all DVB channels broadcast are 16:9 whether they are HD or SD. All DVB channels here are MPEG2.

See my system specs below. When I first start watching Live TV the video is stretched to full screen (4:3) whether it is an SD or HD channel. After changing channel the picture changes to 16:9 letterboxed (correctly). However, if I have Settings/Video/Playback/Display 4:3 videos as "Normal", when the Live TV is displayed letterboxed, it also crops part of the left and right side of the picture - cutting out part of active vision. If I set Settings/Video/Playback/Display 4:3 videos as "Strech 16:9", it fixes this left/right cropping issue. But I still have to do at least one channel change to fix the full-screen stretch issue.

I also occasionally get the black screen issue. I find pressing "Stop" (x on the keyboard) and then re-watching TV fixes this.

I have started using TVHeadend with XBMC after giving up on MythTV Live TV due to stability issues. TVHeadend seems more stable. But MythTV did not have these aspect ratio / cropping / black screen issues that TVHeadend seems to have.

TV: 4:3 CRT - composite input
XBMC Platform: Raspberry Pi 512MB RAM
OS Build: OpenELEC git: 29d4e56ae1e98ea6421a9f31aeb03991de1d4228
XBMC Version:12.0-RC3 Git: c47e925 Compiled 7 Jan 2013
TV Backend: TVHeadend 3.3.402~ga958415
Tvheadend XBMC Client: v1.6.10
I've added additional logs to this XBMC ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13783#comment:7

I believe the aspect ratio problem and the black screen problem are related.

Note that there is the same problem with aspect ratio if you add a htsp:// source to addons/sources.xml (as per http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HTS_Tvheadend) - if you watch Live TV this way you get the wrong aspect ratio. It does this even if Live TV (PVR) is disabled in XBMC settings. This suggests that it is the internal XBMC implementation of HTSP, not the TVHeadend addon.

There's some issue with the way XBMC uses HTSP to pass data to OMXPlayer - espeically when OMXPlayer is first invoked from a non-playing state to a playing state. If OMXPlayer is already running and a Change Channel happens, there is not so much of a problem (with the Aspect Ratio problem, anyway).
I've also been struggling with this problem since halfway December. The set-up I use is:
- Raspberry Pi Model B rev 2 (512MB), slightly overclocked, with MPEG2-license
- TVHeadend server on remote machine (because multicast IP doesn't route through my network without much more headaches)
- Tried OpenELEC build r12637 through release 2.99.2 and RaspBMC. All the same issue
- Connected by HDMI CEC with Samsung TV.
- Trying to play MPEG2 PAL-streams (2-8Mbit) and h264 1080i streams (15Mbit)

- With build r12637 I'm often able to play streams. The h264-streams are mostly successful, with a 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:9. Later versions won't work 99% of the time.
- XBMC and TVHeadend-plugin on other platforms are working and playing the streams flawlessly.

I hope someone can fix this very soon! Big Grin
Hi All,

absolutely the same problem here...

Could you please tell me where could I download r12637 build ? ...as this is not available already..
Just to have some workaround untill this strange bug is corrected...

Thanks a lot
Kind regs
j.
I am having same problem. Black screen, some times i get first frame or subtitles.

I have 512 rpi slightly overclocked and mpeg2 license. Dont know but i think my tvheadend updated yesterday and got this problems since that
(2013-01-27, 23:03)jendik Wrote: Could you please tell me where could I download r12637 build ? ...as this is not available already..

It was originally on http://resources.pichimney.com/OpenELEC/, but it seems to me a lot of older versions have been removed.
(2013-01-28, 13:23)gbbijl Wrote:
(2013-01-27, 23:03)jendik Wrote: Could you please tell me where could I download r12637 build ? ...as this is not available already..

It was originally on http://resources.pichimney.com/OpenELEC/, but it seems to me a lot of older versions have been removed.

Yes, that's rightSad Have you got downloaded that version? Could you upload it somewhere please?

thx a lot
Have a nice day
j.

PS
I use TVheadend backend 3.2.18~g40a8920~precise, RPI has mpeg2 lic and is overclocked(same issue when its not)...
I would say that recent releases/builds of openelec are more successful in playing live TV(headend) stuff using PVR function - it runs about once from 10 tries, but that's still almost unuseableSad
(2013-01-28, 14:00)jendik Wrote: Yes, that's rightSad Have you got downloaded that version? Could you upload it somewhere please?

It's here until I remove it somewhere in the far future: http://temp.gertjanbijl.nl/r12637.img.zip
Hi guys - could you let us know if r12637 works for you?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5