• 20(current)
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
Hi pootler,

yes it works. Not all the way fine, but it's usable. There are some little audio sync issues, but not as bad as before.

I use it with rbejs Gotham Branch build of 18-04-2013. It looks like VNSI4 didn't work with vdr-addon 3.0.3.

You just need to install the vdr-addon (3.0.4 or 3.06 didn't work for me), enable the VNSI PVR client and configure both.

It's a pity, that there is no "w_scan" in the Openelec RPI repros, but you can use any Debian or Ubuntu Linux distribution to create a "channels.conf" for your device. After the scan (it takes a while) you only need to copy it to the userdata in "/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config". In fact, that's all you need to do.

If you like, you also can edit "../config/plugins/vnsiserver/allowed_hosts.conf" and "../config/plugins/streamdev-server/streamdevhosts.conf" for your local network.

VDR writes its configuration, if it stops. It should be better to use vdr.stop, before you edit or copy these files.

Hopefully, that helps.

Regards
Amanita - thanks for the quick reply.

That really does help - Thanks a lot.

pootler
Hi,

@pootler

amanita Wrote:It's a pity, that there is no "w_scan" in the Openelec RPI repros

You can try this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xhyd3m325se8zl4

Regards
Thank you kurczak Smile
O.k - giving up on vdr at the moment - even with 3.02 and the included vdr add-on i can't get it to work Smile

But - how are people getting on with the latest tvheadend?

With 3.02, and time shift i am getting acceptable pics and much better audio/video sync.

But - is anyone getting anywhere with the aspect ratio?

watching zoomed in pics leaves a bit to be desired.

pootler
Hello pootler,
are you doing something special with 3.02? When i install it and configure tvheadend with timeshift enabled, the livestream is still very bad.
What are the setting on youre timeshift tab?
im using since weeks vdr as tvserver on a second rpi with archlinux. vdr works much much better than tvheadend, but still problems with black screens (50% of time i think) and out of sync. even with 3.02.
Please test it:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1415368

Hi Eheij,

I am using the stock 3.0.2 update from openelec.

I have a 512mb model b rpi, which is running with medium overclock, and with /storage on usb stick.

I live in england , so I have the mpeg license for the streams, and other than that my tvheadend configuration is nothing special at at all, and all I have on the time shift tab is ''enabled''.

I do not get blackscreen now as mentioned audi/video sync is improved, but still incorrect aspect ratio.

Sorry I can't help any more

pootler

Hi mezo,

I finally managed to get Vdr working on openelec 3.0.2!!
As mentioned in other posts you need to install Vdr version 3.0.3 from zip, and then produce a channels conf file using w_scan from another machine - BUT it is working rather well Smile

I do not have any black screen, and I rarely get audio/video sync problem.

Most importantly, the aspect ratio is correct.

I will live with this for a while and let people know what it is like in a week.

Getting close thoughSmile

All my vdr settings are the default and it is a stock 3.0.2, with no o/clock or anything else.( will try that at w/end)

The only thing I did was to edit '' channels.conf'' so the channels are in order.

cheers

pootler
Hello pootler,

When i install vdr 3.0.3 from zip, my vnsi client give a constant lost connection error.

Can you discribe the steps in detail you did to make it work?
When i start vdr from promt, it says: no fonts available.

Grrrr. Why wont it work.
Hi eheij,

Been testing this all day.

Sadly still getting audio/video sync problems Sad

Will try the xvdr client next.

Anyway - My procedure is this:

Stop any other pvr clients.or add ons.

Install vdr 3.0.3 add on from zip.

Although it will say ''add on enabled'', I had to return to '' add ons'' , and then enable it.

Go to ''configure;'' in the add-on page for the vdr add on and make sure that vnsi server is shown as the default client - it was xvdr in my version.

I left everything else default.

I am assuming you have a ''channels.conf''' file in the relevant folder?

If so , then enable the vnsi client.

I left all the configure details as default.

I then rebooted.

Upon boot, you will hopefully see the epg database loading and then the client information.

good luck

pootler
Have you tried using the alternative way? (add source > tvheadend) instead of live tv? I'm getting perfect picture (HD) with the latest Openelec.
Aspect ratio problem resolved.
below patch for xbmc-pvr-addons
Code:
diff --git a/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp b/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
index a999c62..f10b414 100644
--- a/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
+++ b/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
@@ -281,11 +281,12 @@ inline void HTSPSetDemuxStreamInfoVideo(PVR_STREAM_PROPERTIES::PVR_STREAM &strea
{
   stream.iWidth  = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg,   "width" , 0);
   stream.iHeight = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg,   "height" , 0);
-  unsigned int den = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_den", 1);
-  if(den)
-    stream.fAspect = (float)htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_num", 1) / den;
-  else
-    stream.fAspect = 0.0f;
+  stream.fAspect = 0.0f;
+  unsigned int den = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_den", 0);
+  if (den)
+    stream.fAspect = ((float) htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_num", 0)) / den;
+  if (!stream.fAspect && stream.iHeight)
+    stream.fAspect = ((float) stream.iWidth) / stream.iHeight;
   int iDuration = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "duration" , 0);
   if (iDuration > 0)
   {
@@ -600,6 +601,7 @@ bool CHTSPDemux::SendSubscribe(int subscription, int channel)
   htsmsg_add_s32(m, "channelId"      , channel);
   htsmsg_add_s32(m, "subscriptionId" , subscription);
   htsmsg_add_u32(m, "timeshiftPeriod", (uint32_t)~0);
+  htsmsg_add_u32(m, "normts", 1);

if(g_bTranscode)
   {

First block give correct aspect ratio to player if it doens't provided by server.
Second request normalized stream from server. For 3.4 and high TVHeadEnd servers it's resolve blank screen problem if timeshift is not enabled on server.

P.S. I use paspbian distribution so I don't try to build openelec and test on it. But problem really not openelec specific.
Thanks dark mike,

thats sounds very interesting.

Unfortunately i am a linux dummie, so the only way for me to try it is - can i install it from a zip? Wink

if it works it brings TVH into line with most of the things working on VDR - but frustratingly they both still suffer from audio/video sync issues.

I have been trying in vain to use the latest (.9.8) version of xvdr client with VDR as it has an extra configuration for I-frames on the Pi, but it doesn't seem to want to play Sad

cheers

pootler
(2013-05-09, 10:34)DarkMike Wrote: Aspect ratio problem resolved.
below patch for xbmc-pvr-addons
Code:
diff --git a/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp b/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
index a999c62..f10b414 100644
--- a/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
+++ b/addons/pvr.hts/src/HTSPDemux.cpp
@@ -281,11 +281,12 @@ inline void HTSPSetDemuxStreamInfoVideo(PVR_STREAM_PROPERTIES::PVR_STREAM &strea
{
   stream.iWidth  = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg,   "width" , 0);
   stream.iHeight = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg,   "height" , 0);
-  unsigned int den = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_den", 1);
-  if(den)
-    stream.fAspect = (float)htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_num", 1) / den;
-  else
-    stream.fAspect = 0.0f;
+  stream.fAspect = 0.0f;
+  unsigned int den = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_den", 0);
+  if (den)
+    stream.fAspect = ((float) htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "aspect_num", 0)) / den;
+  if (!stream.fAspect && stream.iHeight)
+    stream.fAspect = ((float) stream.iWidth) / stream.iHeight;
   int iDuration = htsmsg_get_u32_or_default(msg, "duration" , 0);
   if (iDuration > 0)
   {
@@ -600,6 +601,7 @@ bool CHTSPDemux::SendSubscribe(int subscription, int channel)
   htsmsg_add_s32(m, "channelId"      , channel);
   htsmsg_add_s32(m, "subscriptionId" , subscription);
   htsmsg_add_u32(m, "timeshiftPeriod", (uint32_t)~0);
+  htsmsg_add_u32(m, "normts", 1);

if(g_bTranscode)
   {

First block give correct aspect ratio to player if it doens't provided by server.
Second request normalized stream from server. For 3.4 and high TVHeadEnd servers it's resolve blank screen problem if timeshift is not enabled on server.

P.S. I use paspbian distribution so I don't try to build openelec and test on it. But problem really not openelec specific.

Great, that fix the aspect ratio issue for me.
Tested on Openelec, Rbej Frodo r14059 build (02/04/2013)

p.s. if anyone want to try it with Frodo
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6902...ux-arm.zip
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5