• 23(current)
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
@pootler
@stuCONNERS

Maybe you could try rbej build Updated Frodo Branch of 1st of June with the vnsi client or Updated Gotham Branch of 31.05.2013 with xvdr pvr addon.

I've tested it for a few hours on SDTV channels and it didn't run out of sync. There are still some issues like aspect ratio on channel switching. I also have had a black screen, if I've stop the stream and needed to reboot the RPi, but it looks like it is getting better. It really has as better audio sync after errors.

You could you use the vdr-addon 3.0.8 from the repository (it is working now) and also the wscan addon, if you need to create a channels.conf. I didn't test it with the tvheadend server, but with these builds the audio/video sync problem is closed to be solved.

Please give a short feedback, if you will have similar results.

Regards
Thumbs Up 
(2013-06-02, 01:07)amanita Wrote: ...

I've tested it for a few hours on SDTV channels and it didn't run out of sync. There are still some issues like aspect ratio on channel switching. I also have had a black screen, if I've stop the stream and needed to reboot the RPi, but it looks like it is getting better. It really has as better audio sync after errors.

I noticed the same bug when i stopped a channel. I had to reboot the Rpi.
But it happens only one time.
I can confirm that with latest Rbej build audio sync is better.
I noticed also a better behaviour with channels affected by errors (ecm lag or bad signal): after the latest build, an error could cause out of sync in audio sync or video speed acceleration. Now it can resume from stream error in a better way without needing stop and play channel again.

Btw, i opened this thread trying to solve the "blank screen" issue whit tvheadend backend.
i'm testing every single release of openelec and rbej build with tvheadend 3.4 and i noticed the issue has been succesfully solved.
I think this topic should be tagged as "solved" .

thank you all.
The only winning move is not to play.
I have been experiencing a few issues with the TVHeadend 3.4 version which is included in OE 3.0.3. This includes TVHeadend not being able to find all channels. When talking to a few other people who also have my same provider (Ziggo in the Netherlands) they told me that it was because of TVHeadend 3.4 and suggested me to down or upgrade TVHeadend. How can I manage to do so in OpenElec? I'm kind of a Linux noob so please tell me.
....working through all of this very long thread, I couldn't get my aspect-ratio-problems fit.

neither the "proxy"-solution nor the different other "workarounds" worked with my setup

- Rasp PI with latest OpenElec (incl. FRODO)
- latest TVHeadend on a QNAP-NAS
- Suntek S2 Stick working perfectly with xbmc on WIN-Laptop on a 1600x900 resolution.

No HD-Stations, awful distored 4:3 screen for SDTV-Channels. Video working fine, recordings also work and could be watched full screen.

Any new ideas??
Tested some recent OE builds to see if the LiveTV issue with TVHeadend is now sorted. Unfortunately, it isn't:

Recent unofficial RBej test build: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/62496916/file.html
- Black screen issue persists on both SD and HD channels.
- Incorrect aspect ratio issue also still present.
- Managed a freeze when flipping channels. No responses anymore to remote control button presses. Had to power-cycle to regain control.

Latest official 3.0.6 build:
- Black screen issue persists on both SD and HD channels. Subjectively I think it occurs less than previous versions. Not sure if anything was patched to improve it.

I'm testing with an external TVHeadend 3.4. The backend works fine with OE 3.0.x on the ION platform.
i haven't seen anyone look into a fix yet either. we've talked about what is happening exactly more than once, but the devs who can fix this either have no time to do it now, or haven't shown any interest in fixing it (or both ;-))
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I'm extremely reluctant to criticise the devs of this or any other project (not that it entitles you to complain but for the record I do donate) but I find it incredible there is no interest in fixing this major issue. This is a fundamental problem for a very many users but given some of the workarounds & the stability of some installs (including my own - when I select a channel after booting it works fine, HD or SD, it's just the audio sync is off, a change of channel results in a crash and the channel listings are incorrect but I can live with it) surely the issues do not require a vast amount of work to resolve.
(2013-06-17, 11:28)Jeilong Wrote: Tested some recent OE builds to see if the LiveTV issue with TVHeadend is now sorted. Unfortunately, it isn't:

Recent unofficial RBej test build: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/62496916/file.html
- Black screen issue persists on both SD and HD channels.
- Managed a freeze when flipping channels. No responses anymore to remote control button presses. Had to power-cycle to regain control.

Try OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(07.06.2013).tar.bz2 i´m pretty happy with it. No black screen issue. No freeze when flipping channels. But Incorrect aspect ratio issue still present.

My findings is also that the black screen issue is back (or worse) in the recent unofficial RBej test build: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/62496916/file.html
Is this patch http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1416820 not included anymore ?

Also some new bugs has come:
-If i press up or down in pvr-menys it changes channels.
-Channel switching with numbers (1,2,3 etc) dosn`t work, when i press a number the meny comes up, but dosn´t change channel.
Try this build:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1449939

to fix live TV aspect ratio.
@popcornmix just tested !

-Live TV aspect ratio, Working, thanks !!!

About blackscreen issue, some channels( not all) has black screen for 10-15 sec, then comes the picture. So its not as good as OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Branch(07.06.2013).tar.bz2

Following bugs is still there:
-If i press up or down in pvr-menys it changes channels.
-Channel switching with numbers (1,2,3 etc) dosn`t work, when i press a number the meny comes up, but dosn´t change channel.
(2013-06-25, 13:36)popcornmix Wrote: Try this build:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1449939

to fix live TV aspect ratio.

I have just tested this version.
- Aspect ratio is OK!
- Audio is offset by about 200-300ms.
- No black screen on starting channels!
- Switching channels does not work, i get black screen 9 out of 10 times. Stopping the previously playing channel and then starting another works fine, no need to reboot anymore.

Overall it's getting close to usable.
Try this one, its working better !

2013-06-30 07:44 Post: #2279
Updated Gotham branch

- updated firmware

- PVR fixes

http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/64213343/file.html

- Aspect ratio is OK!
- No black screen on any channels Smile

-If i press up or down in audio settings meny (when watching live tv) xbmc changes channel

Also found out that subtitles only works on sdtv channels, not hdtv ( but this is not new, same in other gotham builds)
(2013-07-02, 22:12)Jönke Wrote: http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/64213343/file.html

- Aspect ratio is OK!
- No black screen on any channels Smile

-If i press up or down in audio settings meny (when watching live tv) xbmc changes channel

Also found out that subtitles only works on sdtv channels, not hdtv ( but this is not new, same in other gotham builds)

Tested this last night and confirm your findings. I would also add that enabling the deinterlace video option doesn't seem to have any effect.

Although not perfect, this is the first version of XMBC on Pi that gets the TvHeadend integration in a workable state. I was also pleasantly suprised by the channel switch speed. It seems to be on par with my ION-based HTPC. No excessive buffering going on.

@Rbej: Keep up the good work, it's getting there!
Please try this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456765

(2013-07-04, 11:27)Jeilong Wrote: Tested this last night and confirm your findings. I would also add that enabling the deinterlace video option doesn't seem to have any effect.

Set deinterlace to auto. Select "Set as default for all videos". Stop the stream and start again. Interlace should now work.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5