• 27(current)
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
Hi,

just wanted to say that the latest git version (3.5.721~g8acf93a) of tvheadend is not working with the latest raspberry pi xbmc dev builds.

My latest working xbmc build is from 2th of october git:63eddc2. I am not sure when the builds stop working. I read something about the 27th of november, but i can't find build prior to that.

As i am currently have no free time to spare i stick with this version and hope that the problems will cure themself till gotham is released Wink.

Best regards

regnets
I too have problems (frozen channel streams) with the latest dev builds. I've discovered that enabling Timeshift in the Tvheadend config fixes the problem... but I'd prefer to leave Timeshift disabled for fear of wearing out my thumb drive.

Edit:
Fix works even with Timeshift set to minimum settings: 'on demand' enabled, max length = 1 min, max size = 1 mb.
Big Grin 
This morning I tried the release "OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131208191418-r16511".

The CPU load is much lower than on the latest Rbej build (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Gotham-Popcornmix-Branch(09.10.2013)), but the GUI responsiveness is not so good as. In my opinion the GUI is slow as in the latest Frodo builds. Where have the modifications of Popcornmix gone? Are they still in? Smile

And now the bad news: I'm still unable to watch 1080 HD channels without any freezers and fractals. For example "Sky Sport 1 HD" and "Sky Cinema" are not usable. But in my opinion it doesn't rely in the small CPU or memory of the RPI. I think that the RPI has problems with the audio sync so that a resync happens nearly every secound ...

I'm not able to provide any logs because Syslogd seems not running. Someone knows, where I have to enable it?

And the last bad news: after rebooting several times, my RPI isn't booting any more ...
Seems to be problems with Tvh live tv in OE Gotham builds again. I´ve been away from these test builds for a while so i cant tell where it all started.
Problem: some sd channels play, some won´t they freeze right away, hdtv 1080i never plays, just black screen right away.

So known issue at the moment ? Or do you need some logs ?

OE 3.2.3 plays my channels fine.
(2013-12-28, 13:02)Jönke Wrote: Seems to be problems with Tvh live tv in OE Gotham builds again. I´ve been away from these test builds for a while so i cant tell where it all started.
Problem: some sd channels play, some won´t they freeze right away, hdtv 1080i never plays, just black screen right away.

So known issue at the moment ? Or do you need some logs ?

OE 3.2.3 plays my channels fine.

Same with me. I've already provided a sample in another thread.
I'm finding it very slow starting channels (SD with tvheadend), opening the EPG whilst channels are playing, etc as well.
Dont know if relevant but here is a screenshot of a non working channelchange, af & vf are very high direct when picture freeze

And here is how it looks when it all works

It all works fine on rpi with OE 3.2.3 and on my htpc with Gotham builds, so can anybody look at my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=103010 and see if it show anything?
(2014-01-05, 18:51)Jönke Wrote: It all works fine on rpi with OE 3.2.3 and on my htpc with Gotham builds, so can anybody look at my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=103010 and see if it show anything?

Your build is about a week old. It's possible you problem could be the same as:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1590130

Which is fixed in latest Milhouse build. Can you try updating?
Thanks popcornmix that build fixes sd-livetv channel change ! Great news, thanks !

Only one problem left , 1080i hdtv live tv only shows black screen , se log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106384 starting from
19:31:15 135.610794 T:2756703312 DEBUG: PVRManager - OpenLiveStream - opening live stream on channel 'Discovery HD Showcase'
(2014-01-05, 20:42)Jönke Wrote: Thanks popcornmix that build fixes sd-livetv channel change ! Great news, thanks !

Only one problem left , 1080i hdtv live tv only shows black screen , se log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106384 starting from
19:31:15 135.610794 T:2756703312 DEBUG: PVRManager - OpenLiveStream - opening live stream on channel 'Discovery HD Showcase'

Can you try with gpu_mem=128. That's the recommended setting for 256M boards on gotham builds.
Wow ! That works, amazing.
Thank you for your time.
LiveTV still randomly freezes for me at the most annoying times. Was watching Sherlock tonight whilst it was recording and it just locked up at 21:30. I'll hold off rebooting until the programme ends in case it's still recording.
I use latest (today) millhouse build. Generally, live tv works. Sometimes it freezes when switching to hd channel. Also, hd channels stops to work if I set Deinterlace to on, on sd this option don't make any difference (picture looks like deinterlaced even if this option is set to off).

Next thing - hd channels are shown as 4k on fullscreen osd.
Reverted to build 16442 as tvheadend was pegging the CPU at 100% and XBMC kept crashing/freezing completely.

I'll try the latest build again sometime as it might just be the tvh settings that need to be adjusted to fix this, although I did try changing them and rebooting with the latest build and couldn't fix it.
Nope, still having the problem with the latest build where TVH pegs the CPU at 100% as soon as it's enabled Sad
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5