• 28(current)
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
I think this thread is split in two options :

- TVHeadend on a x86 platform
- TVHeadend on the Raspberry PI (need more optimizing because the cpu gets 100%^)

So my question is the Live-TV working with a x86 TVHeadend-server?
(2014-01-21, 17:46)layzzzz Wrote: I think this thread is split in two options :

- TVHeadend on a x86 platform
- TVHeadend on the Raspberry PI (need more optimizing because the cpu gets 100%^)

So my question is the Live-TV working with a x86 TVHeadend-server?

This thread is in the Raspberry Pi section of the forum so you may not get an answer here. Try asking in the TvHeadends own section were you're more likely to get a response: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=168
Sorry i have to rephrase my question.

Is Live-TV working on a Raspberry PI with XBMC as front-end and as backend a TVHeadend-server on a x86-machine?
The original topicstarter had the same question/message.
(2014-01-21, 20:21)layzzzz Wrote: Sorry i have to rephrase my question.

Is Live-TV working on a Raspberry PI with XBMC as front-end and as backend a TVHeadend-server on a x86-machine?
The original topicstarter had the same question/message.

I've been using this fairly stably for a few weeks now. I did have a freezing issue at the weekend, but that was because I was running out of space on the usb stick.

Timeline view is still slow to load, but I think this could improve with faster USB stick.
@layzzzz, Rock solid on Openelec 3.2.3. with Frodo
Same freezing for me using Openelec 3.2.4 and Milhouse #0210

512 RPi.

Config updated with
max_clock_drift=100
max_clock_drift_rate=100
avoid_fix_ts=0

Interestingly I use Argus TV Server not TVHeadend but symptomatically the same problems. Generally works okay accept CPU is high on SD MPEG-2 Interlaced and even higher on HD MPEG-2 720p50 and 1080i content. Anything HD res, live tv intermittently freezes at irregular intervals.
@popcornmix, sometimes on some sd channels i don´t get smooth live tv playback anymore. The video is stuttering but only in live tv playback not on from file. Can you please take a look at my log, problem is here:
20:21:22 2364.517334 T:2730976336 DEBUG: PVRManager - PerformChannelSwitch - switching to channel 'Kanal 11'
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157387
I'm seeing the same issue that you guys are seeing in general. My setup:

*RPI Model B (XBian; have tried RasBMC as well but generally slower)
*Hauppauge 950X
*TVHeadend (3.9.470~g6482d33)
*Deinterlacing enabled
*720p HDMI output/Analog sound

I'm seeing some pretty bad stutters when the UI is up. When the UI is down; it's almost acceptable; but it'll still stutter once in a while decoding a 1080i/720p stream. The bottleneck is the CPU sitting at 0% idle time

TOP displays that xbmc.bin is the biggest culprit sucking 50% while tvheadend sucks 20%. Since we're right on the edge; it seems to me like we should be able to optimize things down to make it work properly on the PI. At least on model B; there's plenty of free memory that could also be used to cache/speed things up.
This is a Gotham issue , moving back to Frodo solves the stutter.
Made a clean Gotham install today and it still stutters on some channels.
Someone care to take a look at my log please.
Hey,

I use for LiveTV Tvheadend PVR in new version Openelec Beta when watching LiveTV, HD channel not openning when Deinterlacing is ON. Also there is a lot of problems with subtitles in LiveTV, the subtitles just disappear when channel have advertisement.

Regards Aleks
(2014-03-24, 21:37)Jönke Wrote: @popcornmix, sometimes on some sd channels i don´t get smooth live tv playback anymore. The video is stuttering but only in live tv playback not on from file. Can you please take a look at my log, problem is here:
20:21:22 2364.517334 T:2730976336 DEBUG: PVRManager - PerformChannelSwitch - switching to channel 'Kanal 11'
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157387

I´ve found the last Gotham build that DONT have the stutter on camera pans on some sd channels
OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140216121055-r17714-gd8d9e0e.tar106290KB2014-02-16 13:49

Every build after that, stutters on some sd channels when camera moves to the sides. Hope this helps to solve this issue.
(2014-04-04, 22:56)Jönke Wrote: I´ve found the last Gotham build that DONT have the stutter on camera pans on some sd channels
OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140216121055-r17714-gd8d9e0e.tar106290KB2014-02-16 13:49

Every build after that, stutters on some sd channels when camera moves to the sides. Hope this helps to solve this issue.

Can you try this firmware (replace existing start.elf with it). It is a fixed 256/256 test build.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...fix_ts.elf

Add "avoid_fix_ts=2" to config.txt. Any better?
Yes ! No more stutter Smile Thanks !!!

Should i expect any "new" issues with that firmware ?
(2014-04-07, 18:08)Jönke Wrote: Yes ! No more stutter Smile Thanks !!!

Should i expect any "new" issues with that firmware ?

I included the change with last official firmware, so any new builds should support "avoid_fix_ts=2".
But note this isn't a real fix - it was just a test to confirm the change I suspected (based on when you reported it broke) was definitely the one.

Note: "avoid_fix_ts=2" may make some avi files with B frames become stuttery.

Somehow I need to reproduce what's causing the problem. I assume just recording TV and then playing it back doesn't provoke the issue?
I may need to make a special build that can dump out the video packets, so I can analyse the issue further.
No, only live tv has the stutter and not on all channels. Recordings play fine.
Let me know if you need something of me to analyse further...
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5