Solved Getting Frodo to update from Eden with no internet
Hello, this is a follow up from another thread as I figured out what was taking Frodo so long to update imported data from Eden.

First I dont have a network, everything is on my computer.

I installed Frodo (Fresh install) then I imported my database from Eden. It took forever for single thumbs to update, that is after the import was done, no thumbs would show until I waited, then slowly thumbs would start to show up, once they showed up I would never have a problem and they would be "Cashed"

I noticed that you have to be online for the thumbs to be cashed in frodo, I tested this by disconnecting from the net, going to a movie and looking at the actor thumbs, none of them would show up or update, then did same thing connected and all the actor thumbs slowly started showing, once they show, there fine forever..

Now my question is how do I get Frodo to not need to use the internet to update my thumbs from Eden and put them in its cashe system? I dont see why a internet connection is needed to update the thumbs from eden to frodos cashe? I have a very crappy wifi connection so it will take literally days to go through all my movies:

1. going to the view video page
2. slowly scrolling through all the actors to get them to cashe

How do I disable frodos need to be online to update stuff from eden?

PLEASE HELP ME because Ive already made the switch to Frodo and this is terrible
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
If Eden is already installed, then just install Frodo over the top. Nothing else is required, no internet connection is required, and you get prompted to re-cache art (no downloading required). It will need to have local access to any of your movie files, however (and local art if you have that).

If you export your library from Eden and install a fresh Frodo, then the only thing it has to go off are any local art you have and any local .nfo files/xml. If those are pointing to remote art URLs then obviously it will need to have an internet connection to download it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi thanks for the response, nothing is remote all is on my computer, I will try that, I'll reinstall eden, import the eden database, then install over that frodo and see if that works, thanks Smile
Logo's Made So Far:
OMG!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
I feel like such a idiot!!!!!!!

I had read that frodo leaves the eden database behind so assumed that a fresh install of Frodo and importing the eden database was cleaner.

UGGG!! God Im stupid Sad

This worked like a charm!!!!! Damn Im sorry for this, THANK YOU!!!!
Logo's Made So Far:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting Frodo to update from Eden with no internet0