Idea for Fanart lovers with lots of films
I have been using this skin for some time and i would like to know if its possible to devolve the following idea. I previously used YAMJ on a different system and what I did like was the use of a sub menu after the "selection" of a film. basically you had a full wall layout for people with lots of films and once you clicked enter it didn't play the film. It went to a sub menu that showed the fan art then information, artwork and more in a lower frame setup (see pictures) and the options to go back to the main list, play the film or watch the trailer.

this appealed to me lots and Ive done a mock up of the basic idea

TOP MENU - as the "wall option in Aeon - i would like the option to show logos rather than the title text

SUB MENU - once click enter on the wall this setup appeared to look at the film in detail in a lower frame with a good viewing of the art work. options to go back, watch film or trailer

im sorry if this has been approached already but i thought it was worth putting my idea down to see if its possible or not. i know so of you will come back and say "just click the info option" but they dont show off ther fanart like the image if tried to show

thanks
I think you are in the wrong subforum.
The images you used look more like Aeon MQ4.

Im not a fan of wall views but the bottom part looks nice.
I'm a fan of the idea. It would be nice to have an "art" view specifically to show off all of the fanart/logos/discart/etc. I'm not sure if he posted in the wrong place but the idea is not skin dependant anyway. It would be a nice option.
Im not a massive fan of the wall view either, but when i have over 1000 films its the quickest way to see more films in one go. Sorry if i posted in the wrong section. As dpar said it wouldn't be skin dependent, just a away to utilise a sub menu like ive shown above. and i believe i was mooching in MQ4 when i did the photoshoping etc
not worth another viewtype. only thing i can imagine is some "extended info" setting for BigFan.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
is it possible to look at a sub menu thou? like i described above? thanks
(2012-12-18, 17:19)Djsimonsez Wrote: is it possible to look at a sub menu thou? like i described above? thanks

only thing you can do is to change xbmc settings so that the info dialog shows up when clickin on a movie.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I like the idea.

What if we had an option in wall view if we stay on a movie for a say 3 seconds it will fade into that art type view? and if you press back it goes back to your place on the wall. But while it is in that type of view it will let you hit the trailer button etc.

This would be an option to extend wall like a button that when on it does it?
This is one thing I miss from the YAMJ/UMC days on the Popcorn Hour. Pressing info on wall view and getting what your showing the second image.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea for Fanart lovers with lots of films0