AAC Audio 5.1
(2016-02-01, 16:43)doldi Wrote: ..well it works Cool ,
the only thing was make trouble is the roundabout way to switch back after playing AAC5.1 in Audio settings - if you have forgotten, no DTS and DD5.1 are playing Wink

....but i'm happy to play my files in ACC5.1

Hi Smile

Yes it really works fine, i'm absolutely satisfied too Wink
After a year of regularly using Kodi on my RPi2 i'm still daily impressed about what this great software gets out of this tiny little thing of hardware Big Grin

What do you mean about "switching back after playing aac 5.1 in audio settings" ?
i think, there is no need to switch back or deactivate the AC3 transcoding function if real ac3 or dts comes from source.

AAC 5.1 --> AC3 5.1 Transcoding is only active, when there's multichannel sound, which, you haven't set active for passthrough.
If you set e.g. AC3 and DTS for passthrough, real AC3 and DTS from the source will always passthrough without any transcoding, even if AC3 transcoding is active.
Transcoding in this case just gets active, when the source delivers multichannel sound, which is NOT AC3 or DTS from the source ...
just like AAC 5.1 Smile

At least in my case that's the exact behavior und probably the way it should work.
CPU Load kind of confirmes that.
If there's AAC 5.1 from source, the load of my RPi2 is at about +/- 90% idle --> Transcoding active --> A/V gets transcoded AC3
If there's real AC3 or DTS multichannel from source, the load decreases to >= 95% idle --> Transcoding inactive --> A/V gets real AC3/DTS
in both cases the setting for transcoding is ticked / set active Wink

I'm quite sure about that but maybe somebody else can confirm this?

Greets and have a nice day Smile
I tried the same thing i have it optical cable goin to the only input on my 5.1 receiver it only does nice sorround sound when its dolby but when i play hd quality movies hat have that acc 5.1 i get stereo ..can you take a pic of your audio settings to see what am i not geting right. Please help you know how i must feel
(2016-04-10, 18:58)sapemovie Wrote: I tried the same thing i have it optical cable goin to the only input on my 5.1 receiver it only does nice sorround sound when its dolby but when i play hd quality movies hat have that acc 5.1 i get stereo ..can you take a pic of your audio settings to see what am i not geting right. Please help you know how i must feel

Make sure you have:
Number of channels : 2.0
Enable passthrough: enabled
Dolby Digital AC3 capable receiver: enabled
- Enabled Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding: enabled

Then you should get multichannel audio with AAC 5.1 and other multichannel codecs.
Thank you for responding this is what i set up now and still no sorround sound like i get when its dolby sound i must be doing something wrong if you guys can actually get all the speakers to sound like its suppose....i dont get it Confused
Audio output. hdmi
number of channels 2.0
Output conf. Best match
stereo upmix dissable
maintain original volume on down mixin enabled
boost centre when downmixn. 0db
resample quality. Gpu accelerated
keep audio devicce alive. 1minute
play gui. Only when playback stopped
enable passthrough. Enabled
passthrough output device. Hdmi
dolby digital ac3 capable receiver. Enabled
enable dolby digital transcoding. Enabled
dolby digital plus e -ac3 capable receiver. Dissabled but i also tried enabled
dts capable receiver. Dissable. But i also tried enabled

Raspberrypi2 have the hdmi spdf converter connected to my sony home theater 5.1 1000watt system it only has spdf input and 1hdmi output
Thank you for responding this is what i set up now and still no sorround sound like i get when its dolby sound i must be doing something wrong if you guys can actually get all the speakers to sound like its suppose....i dont get it Confused
Audio output. hdmi
number of channels 2.0
Output conf. Best match
stereo upmix dissable
maintain original volume on down mixin enabled
boost centre when downmixn. 0db
resample quality. Gpu accelerated
keep audio devicce alive. 1minute
play gui. Only when playback stopped
enable passthrough. Enabled
passthrough output device. Hdmi
dolby digital ac3 capable receiver. Enabled
enable dolby digital transcoding. Enabled
dolby digital plus e -ac3 capable receiver. Dissabled but i also tried enabled
dts capable receiver. Dissable. But i also tried enabled

Raspberrypi2 have the hdmi spdf converter connected to my sony home theater 5.1 1000watt system it only has spdf input and 1hdmi output
@sapermovie make sure you have MMAL enabled and omxplayer disabled (should be default for pi2/pi3).
omxplayer can't support audio transcode.
I found this thread equally useful for Kodi running on my NVidia Shield box but it was not really clear to me at first that one must set audio output channels to "2" before the option to transcode AAC 5.1 to DTS 5.1 becomes visible and is available as a choice at all.

Pardon my ignorance but this seems so counter-intuitive to me. It makes no sense to me to choose 2 channels of audio output in order to ultimately get 5.1 worth of channels as an output to the HDMI out port going to my A/V receiver.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Otherwise, thank you for this thread which has allowed me to get audio working now on my 75 inch Samsung 4K TV from Kodi 17.1 on my rather pricey Android streaming box...

Cheers,
Rawl747
(2017-05-23, 23:38)rawl747 Wrote: Pardon my ignorance but this seems so counter-intuitive to me. It makes no sense to me to choose 2 channels of audio output in order to ultimately get 5.1 worth of channels as an output to the HDMI out port going to my A/V receiver.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Channels is not equal to number of speakers.
Optical/toslink AC3 and DTS passthrough uses two channel PCM for the physical transport which when decoded provides 5.1 output channels.

See: http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_troubleshoot...f_Channels

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AAC Audio 5.10