Can i set a default Video path?
I am wondering why i can set a default music path but i cant do the same under the Video menu? Anyone have any guidance or suggestions? What i would like to do is set one of my file paths under Video as the default so that when i click the Video button it opens up that path by default. Thanks in advance for any help!
Not sure what you mean by a default music path, but you can certainly define a single source directory for your video files. When you navigate to Videos > Files and then open your source directory, your files will be listed. If you always use Escape to exit from the videos file list, every time you click VIDEOS, it will open directly to your list of video files. You may also want to go to System/Settings > Appearance > File lists and de-select the option "Show parent folder items". This removes the link to go to the parent folder (either ".." or an up-arrow icon) when you display your files, so you are less likely to end up in the parent folder of your video files list (where options for Files, Add Videos and Video add-ons are displayed).

Of course, if you're willing to change some code, you could modify your skin so the VIDEOS option only goes to your video files directory. But I'll leave that discussion for someone else (someone more knowledgeable about skins).
Thanks for the reply. An example of what i mean by a default path is this. If you have a source set up in your photos menu item, you can right click on this path. In the drop down menu one of the selections is "Make Default". Then, every time you select "Pictures" from the main menu, it will always rout you to this default item within your pictures sub menu. This used to be an option in the Videos menu as well but it's been a missing selection for some time now. Sorry, it's hard to explain. Hopefully this helps clear up a little of what im asking for. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can i set a default Video path?0