Controlling AV Source from within XBMC
I really apologize if this is not the appropriate place to ask this question. I've been searching the forums for days trying to find an answer to my questions. I've searched this forum and EventGhost as well among other forums. What I'm curious about is whether or not I can control my AV equipment from within XBMC. What I mean is I want to create a menu item within XBMC that when selected will send an IR command to my receiver to switch sources from say my HTPC running XBMC to my DirecTV genie (among other devices). I'm not interested (not right now) in using a TV Capture card or streaming TV just controlling my equipment from within XBMC.

I've got a Control4 system right now and I'm tiring of paying someone else to update my system. My Control4 system simply transmits the IR codes to my AV equipment and back again to the Control4 menu.

Again my apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this question.
Go figure, after finally posting a question after searching for days I come across a thread that (I think) answers my question. The general opinion on this forum seems to be to have your universal remote do all this switching and leave the XBMC menus to do what they're programmed to do which makes sense now that I think of it. I suppose I was thinking too much about the way that Control4 works. I did make an order for iRule and would imagine I can have it do all the things I would normally do through the menu on the TV.

This is my first HTPC project so I'm excited at all the possibilities. After reading so many posts lately I've got a long laundry list of things I can't wait to implement in my home theater project.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Controlling AV Source from within XBMC0