• 14(current)
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation
(2013-03-30, 13:08)Jaswinder Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 18:07)y2adre Wrote: how do u post pics?

Same problem here Rolleyes

you use a image hosting site like imgur.com or tinypic upload them to their site they will provide you with some links you copy and paste them into a post

done. simple Smile

BTW i am planning my next project with a little inspiration from one of the storage setups i saw here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1382402
My N40L Nerdery Missing a giant XBMC sticker on front Sad

Runs Via 10 Meter Hdmi to bedroom TV. Will expand with Cat6 to every room when I get around to it.

HP Micro Server N40L Modded Bios and Fan Mod
4GB Ecc Ram
Asus HD 6450 1GB
2xWD Red's Pooled with Drive Bender
2x320GB Seagate Spinning Rust to fill Empty drive bays for now
1x120GB Kingston SSD

Not the prettyest setup but very efficient and compact with room to grow..

Smoke Alarm included for safety this baby gets a lot of use!

360 Wireless Controller For use with Rom Collection Browser
Logetech K400r Wireless Keyboard << Highly recommended
Raspberry Pi No luck getting it to work over network yet.....
Yatse Remote on Nexus 4 and Samsung Note 10.1

Windows Server 2012
Xbmc 13 Gotham Aeon Nox with plenty of Smart Playlists
Couch Potatos
Sickbeard
Headphones
Utorrent
Music Brainz
CPUID HW Monitor

nice setup javlin I am curious though what is the temps like in that cabinet I see it has loovers to vent the air and what looks like some sort of pvr pipe exhaust at the back the reason I ask is I am in the beginning stages of my own cabinet build as described here

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-rep...-1&#bottom

(too big of a post to re-post here)

I also see a Aeon Nox Fan also I like the effect you did with the white theme it appears to have a white glow around the text on the menu buttons looks cool

I also have the Logitech K400 keyboard it took me weeks to decide to buy It or not as I use mostly MCE remotes for using xbmc plus I had some issues with short battery life and broken dongles with wireless keyboards before but I figure Logitech makes quality keyboards and mice (not so much IMHO when it comes to Speakers Altec Lansing is good for that)

glad I bought it though works great and makes things easier for when using HTPC outside of xbmc

one final thing how are you findng using windows Server 2012 I am currently using WHS 2011 and it has been a workhorse super reliable and does everything I have asked however can't help thinking there might be reason to upgrade Pool Storage aside as I use JBOD with offline Backups so not really a deciding factor for me I have tried windows 8 and have found it has gone overboard with security features you can even save download files to C drive as it is locked down along with most of everthing else so can't help think network will be a nightmare too at least with windows 7 and WHS you just set it and it works no issues
I'm in Australia so temps can vary greatly through Summer and Winter.

Cpu is currently setting at 37 degrees

Ram 29

Harddrives 31

Grahpics Card 46 but underload during summer can hit 81 degrees! but my sparky mate said it should be ok. CPU can hit just under 60 in Summer under load. Doesn't concern me to much as I usually replace hardware every 4 years.

The only ventilation I have is the slits in the door there is no pvc pipe that is a smoke alarm I think you are looking at.

Server seems fine but I was considering a Linux build for more stability and a more minimal install.

Only problem I have is sharing files with Rasp MC it can see the shared folders but no files inside.

Stay clear of Pool Storage in windows Drive Bender much better and just works Ive found. Flexibilty to remove and upgrade harddrives and keep files.

Also my next upgrade looking at a sensor light from Ikea that turns on when you open the door. And a old Pc monitor that fits perfectly in door frame to run Marashrino HTPC front end dual monitor, to serve no purpose but would look cool when I open door =P
i am in australia as well (Brisbane)
Well, nothing new really. There's Galaxy S2 connected to Pioneer SPH-DA100 through MHL connector which mirrors the phone screen to the car deck. It's just like having a 7inch tablet on your dash Big Grin The secret is ARLiberator software, which let's you run practically any software on this particular car stereo. The phone needs to be rooted for this to work.

I didn't buy this deck for XBMC, but just a proof that it works. Here's a video to get a better idea of the setup:
heres my jukebox i made running xbmc, i have about 4-5 other tv setups of xbmc but they are nothing special so i thought id post my more unique one.
its a single core 1.8 ghz pc with a 15inch touchscreen monitor, some cheap 2.1 speakers and 2 usb ports on the front for playing portable media. i also have 5 meters of rgb leds around it hooked up to a music ir sound module (sound reactive leds). i have the music ir hooked up to the sub so it only flashes on the bass hits.

a quick video of the leds testing, it has a few setting like flash to music, switch colour to music or any colour always on/off
my system setup:
  • Panasonic TX-P50V20E plasma
  • Yamaha RX-V457
  • JBL 4208 Studio monitor
  • JBL 135 as center/rear
  • HTPC based on Asrock E350M1 MB with 32 GB SSD and XBOX RC and wireless Dell keyboard (in a tape recorder)
    with Openelec
  • Fonica GS-475 turntable
  • RIAA preamplifier - my project
  • IPTV, BD player

Ripper!!!
kuba the Ripper [KUBA = eng Jack Wink]
Here is the Living Room, just an older 32" Sony LCD with a Pivos XIOS running Linux xbmc. Connected to my network and back to my server running openSUSE with oodles of space for all my movies and TV shows etc. mythTV pvr (DVB-S and DVB-T) working nice now and also a centralised mysql set-up to show watched and resume half way through etc... I'll post some picture of the Lounge set-up later...

Here is a Superman Man of Steel HyperSpin/XBMC cabinet I built for a friend. Fairly unique.

Thanks
@ouguitarman - very nice workmanship.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Sweet!
(2013-04-23, 05:21)ouguitarman Wrote: Here is a Superman Man of Steel HyperSpin/XBMC cabinet I built for a friend. Fairly unique.

Thanks

Wow, is that related to your job or just a hobbist?

Also wanna be my buddy? Tongue
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation2