• 15(current)
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation
@Sean1516 Professionally I am a product manager for a large slot manufacturer so it is somewhat similar. I do this for hobby however; this was the first man cave type toy I built for someone else (I usually end up keeping them). He told me its hilarious watching his friends down play how jealous they are. Smile
(2013-04-25, 23:00)ouguitarman Wrote: @Sean1516 Professionally I am a product manager for a large slot manufacturer so it is somewhat similar. I do this for hobby however; this was the first man cave type toy I built for someone else (I usually end up keeping them). He told me its hilarious watching his friends down play how jealous they are. Smile

It looked very good quality! Have you built many? I can imagine they all are with a setup like that! What kind of hardware is inside it?

Edit: found the thread
Just added this one to my collection of XBMC devices.

Yup, that's our kitchen Smile
(2013-04-29, 21:17)ConfusedTA Wrote: Just added this one to my collection of XBMC devices.

that's a cool idea but i think maybe a Tablet like and Ipad might have worked just as well maybe a smaller screen however this works well too although concerned about heat from bottom of laptop and the weight of it falling off the wall unless you used some sort of mount
(2013-04-30, 22:59)protocol77 Wrote: that's a cool idea but i think maybe a Tablet like and Ipad might have worked just as well maybe a smaller screen however this works well too although concerned about heat from bottom of laptop and the weight of it falling off the wall unless you used some sort of mount

I would be more concerned about damage from moisture and grease in the kitchen environment.
(2013-04-29, 21:17)ConfusedTA Wrote: Just added this one to my collection of XBMC devices.

LOL, I love hacky fixes. I do agree though, you may want to see about getting a rubber cover or something to keep it safe from splashes. Great start!
It's nowhere near the sink or oven or anything that I can think of would cause any issues.

I had this laptop sitting around, not doing anything (due to a dead battery) - so have made use of it. Certainly wasn't going to spend any money on a tablet etc just for this! And if it dies after a year or two, then it'll have had good use when it would have otherwise been thrown away! Smile

As for the mounting, it's got 2x metal brackets at the bottom, which are screwed into rawl plugs in the wall, and a further 2 at the top, which are screwed to the casing of the laptop itself - I could probably hang from it without it coming away from the wall!

I like Smile You're making me want to do the same!
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
I'm one of the newer members here. Just got into the home theater stuff several months ago and am having to do it on a little bit of a budget because I'm still in school.

What I have:
HTPC:
AMD A8-5600k
Silverstone SG01B-F Micro-ATX Case (Silverstone HTPC cases were just *slightly* too large for my entertainment center)
8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series RAM
120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Motherboard
CX430M 430W PSU
No optical drive (I have a portable one for software installation and a PS3 for playback if needed)

TV:
Samsung PN60E7000 Plasma 60"

Receiver/Speakers: (Remember, budget!)
Pioneer VSX-522
Sony SSF6000 Floorstanding
(Still looking for a decent/cheap sub & center channel)

Others:
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
Router/Modem

I'm still working on configuring XBMC and getting a few more things for my setup, but it's coming along.

HTPC:
Intel [email protected] (default) passive
AT3IONT-I Deluxe, 4GB ram (3.2GB)
Silverstone Milo SST-ML03B
Intel® SSD 320 Series 40GB 2,5", 25nm (OS-disk)
2TB x 3 Storage Disks
XBMCbuntu Skin NEON

TV:
LG 60PV250N-ZA

Sound:
Samsung HW-C560S/XEE
Turtle Beach Tango Ear Force - Black OpsII Limited Edition

Game Consoles:
Xbox360 - MW2 CE 250GB
Xbox chiped 120GB

Remotes:
Logitech DiNovo - Mini
Yatse remote for Android

Router/Internet:
Netgear WNDR3700 Gbit
100/10Mbit ISP

- Not shown in picture, i have multi colored leds mounted inside
- All my Xbox360 titles

-A quick image with timeline aspect ratio
Is that an authentic Polish Terminator poster SKIBBE??
CPU: AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz APU - MoBo: Gigabyte A75N-USB3 AMD A75 - RAM: Corsair Value 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz - Storage: 128GB SSD, 500GB HD - Case: Streacom FC7 Silver - ODD: Sony AD-7640S Slot Load DVD+RW Drive
No, it is a new print :-( a original poster from 1984 was to expensive for my livingroom ;-)
I did something very simple in our kitchen. Except I used a Lenovo X61 touch screen tablet. Works extremely well. I installed a cook book plug in as an add on as a way to "justify" installing XBMC in the kitchen.

New addition to the White House. While we still use our basement theater almost every weekend, I've always enjoyed the allure of having an outside theater that would allow us to enjoy our evenings here in Montana.

So that's what we did. With no additional sexy component purchases, some bartering, and some reuse of on hand equipment, we built a 120" screen and hung it on a fence, plugged in a 2nd hand Hitachi projector into a netbook and a small stereo system, and voila...Outside movie theater.

XBMC on the netbook sees the server in the basement via wireless N, and streams movies perfectly, just like every other wired XBMC computer in the house.

I see some awesome back yard time with the family coming soon!

Sean
Great Falls, Montana
(2013-05-17, 05:47)wbread99 Wrote: I did something very simple in our kitchen. Except I used a Lenovo X61 touch screen tablet. Works extremely well. I installed a cook book plug in as an add on as a way to "justify" installing XBMC in the kitchen.

What cook book plugin did you use? I've run The idea of a tablet in the kitchen past the "boss" and she liked it. A cook book add on could seal the deal Big Grin
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation2