• 2(current)
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation
(2012-12-18, 22:47)Utterstrom Wrote: That's a nice looking den you have. My only question is though. What movie is it?
I have it on my tounge, but can't get it out! Big Grin

it's Star Wars Episode 3

So here is my little share Smile
Lately I swapped my HTPC for Raspberry Pi running XBian ( who I work for Smile )
The rest of the setup is same.

Panasonic 50" plasma TV - TX-P50G20B 1080p/24/50/60 600Hz analog, DVB-T, DVB-T HD, Freesat HD

Sony BDP-S500 BD Player

Technomate TM 9100s - Enigma1 Satellite receiver

ONKYO TX-NR905 - THX 7.1 receiver

XBMC HTPC - LianLi case, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+, 3GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GT220, OZ SSD drive with XBMC/OpenElec , full HD 1080p/24/50/60
All media content (movies,music,...etc) all is stored on my built media server running FreeNAS.

Speakers:
Front - RikaruS Mk 1 ( homemade project )
Center - KEF Reference 100
Surround - RikaruS Surround Mk 1 ( homemade project )
Subwoofer - Mirage BPS - 150i

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>
The subwoofer is hidden between two sofas now so I used the old picture

And here are more shots of my DIY projects Wink but instead of posting all the photos here I've just added the links for the site where is all already uploaded. So for more pics and details just click the link

- DIY TV Stand/Cabinet

- DIY RikaruS Mk1 Surround

- DIY RikaruS Mk1

Cool

I'm grabbing a new Samsung UE40ES7000 this Friday and a cable-less wall and XBMC are already waiting for lil' Sammy to do some photoshooting.
PIctures coming soon Wink
And here goes my livingroom integration, called Appmaxx... Wink

- Samsung LCD TV 32 inches (to be renewed in near future)
- Celexon Screen 78 x 45 inches
- Mitsubishi HC3800
- Onkyo HT-S3305 5.1
- HTPC with XBMC
- everything can be controlled via my own app on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
@rikardo I really dig that Leon poster, it goes perfect with your room. A really nice elegant room too, curious to know what media you mainly use since you're using Pi - I could never get mine to work exactly how I wanted it. Although I should have known better with high bitrate, HD audio files it wouldn't quite work well without having a dedicated AVS for audio. I was really hoping to use the two I have on the spare bedroom TV's but now they are simply collecting dust until I see further improvement. Maybe with the long break ahead I will have to start playing again!
Thanks for comments Wink
I use my Raspberry Pi with XBian to stream all content from my server over SMB over LAN network
It can easy play full HD 1080p with multi channel DD or DTS sound. So as all works perfect for me I dont need to use my old HTPC what was hunger for electric where RPi use less power than TV in standby mode Big Grin (uses 3W only ! )

(2012-12-18, 23:27)tman12 Wrote: @rikardo I really dig that Leon poster, it goes perfect with your room. A really nice elegant room too, curious to know what media you mainly use since you're using Pi - I could never get mine to work exactly how I wanted it. Although I should have known better with high bitrate, HD audio files it wouldn't quite work well without having a dedicated AVS for audio. I was really hoping to use the two I have on the spare bedroom TV's but now they are simply collecting dust until I see further improvement. Maybe with the long break ahead I will have to start playing again!

(2012-12-18, 18:42)tman12 Wrote: Here's my setup:

That is totally awesome man!
What speakers are those massive pilars?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Going through this thread and thinking: "Hmm...I should post my no budget set up here..." and then I see m0gwai's screen... "Never mind" :|
I'm not sure why it took me so long to get my XBMC installs connected with a single MySQL database, but now that I have, I am loving it!

In the media room, I have a Jetway ultra-small HTPC running OpenELEC 2.95.5 (Frodo RC1). This is connected via HDMI to a Denon 2808CI receiver which is connected via HDMI to a Samsung 55" LED TV (I know, it needs to be bigger and/or projected onto a 120" screen, but someone needs to convince my wife of that!).
I also have XBMC installed on (left to right) a Nexus 7 tablet, Alienware M14x laptop, Dell D620 laptop (for the guestroom) and Samsung Galaxy SIII. All XBMC endpoints connect via SMB to a Drobo NAS with 6TB capacity that currently houses 240 ripped Bluray and DVD discs that I have purchased over the years. It also features several TV show collections. We both love movies and TV, and have had several family members give us movies for birthdays and Christmas, and this is a great way to show them off for visitors!

I think this is probably the first pictures of its kind, even though it may not be the first actual "install". Please keep in mind that I do not use this for viewing video content while driving, but when the wife says "I need to run into [insert store name] and I'll be back in [insert arbitrary incorrect time frame]. You can wait in the car." This, my friends, is for THOSE moments!

There is also a Zotac Zbox ID40 in the family room, a RasPi in the master and also on the patio. All of these are also running OpenELEC 2.95.5 (Frodo RC1). I'll add a picture later.

I am running Mad-Max's awesome Confluence-MOD2 on all of my installations, along with BlueCop's Amazon, ESPN, Hulu and FreeCable plugins. I've certainly enjoyed XBMC over the years, and I hope my installation can provide others with the inspiration to share their setups! And of course, a HUGE THANK YOU to Team XBMC for all of their efforts.
(2012-12-18, 23:36)Maneesh Wrote: Going through this thread and thinking: "Hmm...I should post my no budget set up here..." and then I see m0gwai's screen... "Never mind" :|

Not even the screen is amazing....I guess the sound is pretty good, too.
As far as I can see, there are two B&W front speakers and the appropriate center...
Nice way to invest the amount of money that would be sufficient to buy a new car Big Grin
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-12-19, 00:15)Gr8rtek Wrote: I think this is probably the first pictures of its kind, even though it may not be the first actual "install". Please keep in mind that I do not use this for viewing video content while driving, but when the wife says "I need to run into [insert store name] and I'll be back in [insert arbitrary incorrect time frame]. You can wait in the car." This, my friends, is for THOSE moments!

Damn Gr8rtek, you really have a lot of awesome XBMC stuff! You even have XBMC in your car lol. Great pictures m8! Can't wait to see what's next to come Tongue

Thx for mentioning the Confluence MOD2 skin, looks awesome! Big Grin

(2012-12-18, 23:34)tripkip Wrote:
(2012-12-18, 18:42)tman12 Wrote: Here's my setup:

That is totally awesome man!
What speakers are those massive pilars?

They are Polk SDA SRS Floorstanding Loudspeakers. They were purchased in the mid 80's and at the time the only better speakers available were outrageous amounts of money - not that these were cheap. Tongue

You can see what's under the cover here http://www.polkaudio.com/products/sdasrs
(2012-12-19, 02:19)tman12 Wrote: They are Polk SDA SRS Floorstanding Loudspeakers. They were purchased in the mid 80's and at the time the only better speakers available were outrageous amounts of money - not that these were cheap. Tongue

You can see what's under the cover here http://www.polkaudio.com/products/sdasrs

They look great!

Taken from one of the user reviews -

Weaknesses:
Need a stronger house.
Rofl

MOBO: Asus E35M1-I Deluxe with AMD Dual-Core Processor [email protected] (fanless; WI-FI; optical audio; bluetooth)
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics (integrated; 1xHDMI, 1xDVI-I)
RAM: 2GB DDR3 1333MHz Corsair
CASE: ITEK Kiwi
HDD: 1x80GB WD Scorpio Blue + 1x2TB WD Elements
REMOTE/KEYBOARD: Rii Mini I6 + Constellation (iPhone)
TV: 32" Samsung FullHD (i have to find a bigger one, maybe 37", that fits in the "hole"...)
OPTICAL UNIT: 52x SATA DVD player
RECEIVER: Onkyo HT-S5405
INTERNET: linked via TP-LINK Powerline Adapter
SKIN: Aeon MQ4
You have some awesome rigs here - really cool.

Myself, I have a more minimalistic setup although I think it is very versatile and flexible. First a shot of how it looks:

More details:

The TV is connected to the soundbar via HDMI, the soundbar, in turn is connected to the AppleTV - also with HDMI - and also to the Sonos Connect:AMP via optical. This means I can get the sound from the TV to the soundbar whether I am watching TV or the AppleTV or if I listen to music via Sonos. I think that's a great setup, considering I don' have a separate amp for this. The only thing I can't do is watch (Apple)TV and get the sound from Sonos, but I can live with that. The Panasonic soundbar looks great and the sound is adequate - especially considering it's price Wink

Here's a detailed picture of the hardware in the bench:

Basically, all media is stored on the QNAP (with 4x1TB Western Digital Green disks) and I run XBMC on the AppleTV (jailbroken of course). The Sonos Connect also can access my stored music on the NAS so I have full access to all my media and all units located together. Simple and flexible.

As you might have noticed, I don't have a game console but I am getting the OUYA in march so I will probably replace the ATV with that so I can play games as well as watch movies on the same setup. I have another TV in my guest room, so the ATV will most likely go in there (I currently have a Rikomagic hooked up there, but I think it is a bit too underpowered to be fully happy with it).

The only thing I don't really like is that I need to have two remotes and if I want to use the Apple remote, I have to open the door of the bench. Small gripes, I know, but all in all I'm very happy with my setup.

Hope you like it!

PS

If you can't see the images, right-click and select "Open image in separate tab". That should work.

EDIT: fixed image links

--
Peter
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation2