• 4(current)
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation
Gr8trtek, if I knock out your server by posting the link to your guide on Facebook, let me know, and I can remove it.
@m0gwai - NICE SETUP! Give us more specs, ie what projector? whats your xbmc running on? ect ect

Please show us a pictures with XBMC interface running over the video Big Grin
Photo 
Man, you all have some nice setups!! I am jealous ^_^

Unfortunately, since I am in the military, we don't have great homes to show off my stuff, so I guess this is the best I can so until I get my own place....Confused

Oh yeah... I made the jump to Frodo... I am not feeling it (nor the green trim) yet, I guess that I am still used to Eden.
(2012-12-23, 22:32)Skank Wrote: Image

Any chance of a bit more info, plus a picture with the TV on running XBMC?
(2012-12-27, 10:04)natethomas Wrote: Gr8trtek, if I knock out your server by posting the link to your guide on Facebook, let me know, and I can remove it.

If you do, I'll demand my host refund my money! And I hope those interested enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed the project and the subsequent documentation. I'm so lucky that my job involves me sharing XBMC with others!
Those are some pretty nice setups that have been posted in this thread!

I also wanna play! Smile

I've become somewhat of an XBMC addict over the past year - have got XBMC running on a total of 7 devices at home.

1. - Living room
My main setup is in my living room:

Larger image

This setup consist of:
  • Custom built HTPC with a Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU, 2GB RAM and a ATI Radeon HD5670 GPU. Runs Windows 8 and XBMC Eden.
  • The TV is a 55" Samsung LCD LED unit
  • The AVR is a Yamaha RX-V1800
  • Harman Kardon HKT11 5.1 speaker system
  • Harmony One remote to control everything
  • Hauppauge WinTV 150 Analog TV capture card used to distribute live tv using SageTV, might someday use the PVR functionality of XBMC instead, but very happy with SageTV for now.

2. - My office
This is my main PC at home. I run XBMC on it as well, but I tend to use it mostly for testing the latest builds etc.
Currently I'm running Frodo RC2.
Larger image

3. - Master bedroom
This is our master bedroom, equipped with an old 27" LCD TV. The little gadget on top of the TV is the SageTV HD 300 extender, but I've been wanting to add an XBMC setup in there as well, so I've been experimenting with OpenELEC on a Raspberry PI, as can be seen on the picture.
Currently hooked up using HDMI->DVI @ 1024x768. Will have to upgrade the TV, since it does not have HDMI inputs.

Larger image

4. - Kitchen!

No kitchen is complete without a refridgerator, oven, stove and XBMC of course!

Also runs SageTV client for watching live tv.

Larger image

This setup consist of:
  • An older Core 2 Duo Dell Laptop, runs Windows 7 and XBMC Eden.
  • The monitor is a 22" Samsung LCD Syncmaster
  • Basic Logitec 2.0 speaker system
  • Wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse, currently waiting for an MCE remote to be shipped to me

5,6 and 7. - iOS devices

I'm also running XBMC on my iOS devices at home, pictured below is my iPhone 4 and my iPad 3. Missing from the picture is an older iPad 2nd generation wich also runs XBMC.

Larger image

Media server

All those devices are being fed from my centralized media server which is basically a custom built PC:
  • Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU
  • 4GB of ram
  • Crucial M4 120GB SSD for the OS
  • Rocket RAID 2300 RAID controller
  • 4x1TB Samsung HDDs in RAID5 + 2TB external drive for extra backups and other stuff
  • Runs Windows Server 2012
  • Services running include VPN for remote access, IIS/MSSQL for hosting various websites and SABNzbd/Sickbeard/Couchpotato/Maraschino.

Hope you like it!
Nice setup, @hagur! You've done a very nice job of documenting your setups, which is something I never seem to do very well. I always end up reading other people's posted setups and thinking, "Man, I should've said this ...."
Hello,

My name is Sean, and I was one of Nate Thomas's "Friday Feature" guys last year while stationed at an air base in Turkey. Because I was in Turkey, we had to be careful of taking pictures of what and how, even my living room in base housing, as it was a Turkish base with rules about taking pictures of Turkish military facilities. There were also concerns about what I do in the military connected with where I was, so we kept it very vanilla.

Happy and sad to say that we're back in the USA, back in Great Falls, Montana, and we've re-installed our home theater into our basement. Still have most of the same gear that we had in the Turkey feature, but back in it's original place here in Montana. After a recent renovation, I've dressed up the room a bit, and I can honestly say, I didn't get this idea from anywhere else. Am asking an honest opinion from all the disinterested hard cores out there....

My same Hitachi hi-def beamer throws an image onto my 120 inch Elite screen. My same Toshiba laptop running (still on Dharma, my apologies), but a new Yamaha HDMI switching receiver pushing 7.1 to 9 speakers in the room (2 presence). Same Frankenstein Bose 5.1+2+2 setup. I still draw my media from a DIY media server based on FreeNas box that I stuffed 18 TBs of storage into.

Hope you enjoy. Where I'd LOVE some advice is how to tie in XBMC home movie script into a dimmer that will conduct business in a very professional manner....my recent searches on the net just leave me confused. I basically want to hit the "go" button on the cinema script, and have the lights dim accordingly....to about 30 percent for previews, and then to dark for the feature.

Nice room, the curtains are a nice touch
My kitchen xbmc setup on iPad with wallmount from http://ipadwallmount.com/

(2012-12-29, 03:18)Gr8rtek Wrote: Nice setup, @hagur! You've done a very nice job of documenting your setups, which is something I never seem to do very well. I always end up reading other people's posted setups and thinking, "Man, I should've said this ...."

Thanks!
(2012-12-29, 22:09)Jönke Wrote: My kitchen xbmc setup on iPad with wallmount from http://ipadwallmount.com/

Nice! Which tv live tv backend are you using?
Tvheadend
wbread99, that is the sickest home cinema i've ever seen. Just interested though, why a laptop (is it not dedicated?) and what are it's specs?
wbread, welcome back! I'm going to guess the light would be weird for photography, but any chance you could get a pic with XBMC running on the screen?
That's a projector screen. Also, HOLY CRAP THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME. He's even got little theater PAR cans.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures: the Next Generation2