Frodo: if your scraper isn't working anymore (potential quick fix)
Hi All

Using Frodo RC1 & Nightlies, I encountered recently many scrapers that don't work anymore.

Please note: if the content provider really changed its web page - this description will not help, I'm sorry.
And: this post will probably be outdated/invalid with the official release of Frodo

But if the non-working of your scraper is just because seemingly (I'm no expert! Was just playing around...) Frodo changed the usage of http requests, you may be successful following the next steps - at least I got all my used scrapers back and running again Smile
  • Move to XBMC application data folder [.../XBMC]/addons (Win user: not the program folder!)
  • Search for the sub-folder of your scraper and make a backup (!)
  • Step into the add-on folder of the scraper you want to try to "revive" Wink
  • Edit the file "addon.xml"
  • Change in addon.xml the <addon [...] version="a.b.c" [...]> entry to <addon [...] version="a.b.c.1" [...]>. [...] means: leave the rest as is. This change is to circumvent any blacklist entry of the officially existing version as "not working" but not increasing the number "c" means, it will still be updated with the next official release
  • Edit the file <scrapername>.xml
  • Use Search/Replace of your Editor. Search: "&amp;", Replace through "&" (both, of course, without quotes)
  • Save & Exit
  • Restart XBMC to potentially refresh the cache

If you find an entry like "&amp;amp" just remove the first complete entry "&amp;" --> the result looks like (a single) "&amp;"
Please also have a look at the "<requires>[...]<import addon=[...]" entries of addon.xml. The entries here are candidates to be changed, too, in order to have a complete proper (new) setup. In such a case, consider also to update the version information of this required add-on (that you probably updated) in the addon.xml file.

I would be glad if this worked for other users, too.
Please let us know if this fix worked for you or not (pointing out the scraper) in this thread. If not, I should adopt the description to not cause troubles to other users...

Kind regards - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo: if your scraper isn't working anymore (potential quick fix)0