Win manually named database & Frodo upgrade
Hi guys,

In short - Will Frodo handle a manually named database upgrade?...

Unfortunately I've named my sql database in the advancedsettings file from day 1, and the auto created database is named different to the manual name. I'm not sure if I leave it manually assigned in the advancedsettings file, whether it'll update correctly.

Cheers,

Mungo
Nevermind - I've resolved this myself. Thanks though Sleepy

For what it's worth, if anyone else is chasing an answer to this - I don't have one. Moving forward, I figured things should be done right rather than continuing to forcefully use manually named databases - so I dropped my manual "xbmc_video" & "xbmc_music" naming from the advancedsettings file & let XBMC create it's own "myvideos" & "mymusic" databases on startup. Shut XBMC down, copied my previous manually created & named database data over to the newly auto created databases, and fired XBMC back up. Sorted & ready for Frodo. Cool
My machines have successfully upgraded to Frodo with a <name></name> against the database.
Thanks for confirming that'll work. Still kinda glad I've reformed back to XBMC standards though. Will help moving forward to have things setup as they should be.

Cheers,

Mungo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
manually named database & Frodo upgrade0