• 2(current)
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement
hi, newbie question: what does this add over my ability to play dvds with my old version of xbmc. thanks
(kronium @ sep. 13 2005,01:33 Wrote:hi, newbie question: what does this add over my ability to play dvds with my old version of xbmc. thanks
*) more discs plays (*many* didnt work with mplayer)
*) dvd menu support

it may not sound much, but it is
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

this is fantastic news, i can't wait to try it out when i get home from work! ^_^
congrats!!! i've been a long time lurker but have come out of the shadows to give thanks!!
Information 
truly, truly, congratulations and thank you! certainly the biggest sub-project of xbmc ever attempted.

i look forward to trying it out.
now that full dvd playback is supported i am think of using an xbox for my main dvd play in my projection home theater room. what is the highest resolution supported for movie playback? in looking at the component adapters on ebay they say...

"movie playback is in 480i only."

... with a modded xbox running xbmc what is the highest resolution i can get?

what video adapter is the best for xbox.

also, is dts supported?

cheers.
wow! i heard the good word!

its a long time coming and well worth it Smile

will try it out asap!
sweet! thank you!
awesome
<insert giddy laugh here>

1. how do i go from the movie directly to the menu without pressing stop then selecting "play dvd" again?

2. is there a way to play dvds the old way? you know, just in case i have problems with certain dvds. (don't hit me)
thanks so much. the support already looks pretty decent and this just further cements xbmc in my mind as one of the most innovative open source projects around.
1. from osd (top button) ...view the osd on remote you hit "menu button" (start on controller)

2. don´t know
(norm in norman @ sep. 13 2005,04:53 Wrote:how do i go from the movie directly to the menu without pressing stop then selecting "play dvd" again?
in the my videos osd (on screen display) during playback, the top button functions as 'root menu', (...there is not yet an option to jump to 'title menu').

(norm in norman @ sep. 13 2005,04:53 Wrote:is there a way to play dvds the old way?
select mplayer from context menu (using the "play using..." option) for a specific .vob or .ifo file, (i've not tested ifo that way so not 100% sure that works).

(norm in norman @ sep. 13 2005,04:53 Wrote:just in case i have problems with certain dvds
suggest you report it as a bug instead (see faq), ...and preferable also send in the actual disc to a developer, (that way everyone benifit once it's fixed in cvs).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Thumbs Up 
(m360m @ sep. 13 2005,02:58 Wrote:i am think of using an xbox for my main dvd play in my projection home theater room. what is the highest resolution supported for movie playback?
1080i (1920x1080 pixel interlaced) Confusedhifty: ...though 720p is supported too and i believe technically 720p (1280x720 pixel progressive) should offer better quality.

(m360m @ sep. 13 2005,02:58 Wrote:is dts supported?
yes, both software-decoding (to stereo) and spdif/optic-out pass-through should already be supported, (not sure if dts to ac3 convertion been added yet).
dumb question - if i have a ripped dvd in a directory tree on an smb share, how do i play it like a dvd?

i navigated to that directory, and trie everything, but the best i get is to click through to the vob's in ts_video (which i could do before this build).

any ideas?  i'm using the most recent build.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement0