• 5(current)
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement
(pike @ sep. 14 2005,18:07 Wrote:wtf is aid 2.1 ?
auto installer disc 2.1
binhaus what are you doing? this is not the forum for linksbox so please ask your question in the right forum. anyway thank you guys so much for the dvd playback within xbmc. it was really nice to wake up on my birthday go to x-scene and see that my fav xbox app released a feature that i have been waiting for, for a long time. thank you dev team and all you donaters for accomplishing such a daunting task like this. i really appreciate it. rock on dev team.

"being drunk is a good disguise. i drink so i can talk to assholes. this includes me."
Information 
(balltongue @ sep. 15 2005,14:49 Wrote:binhaus what are you doing? this is not the forum for linksbox so please ask your question in the right forum. anyway thank you guys so much for the dvd playback within xbmc. it was really nice to wake up on my birthday go to x-scene and see that my fav xbox app released a feature that i have been waiting for, for a long time. thank you dev team and all you donaters for accomplishing such a daunting task like this. i really appreciate it. rock on dev team.
yes friend right ... i'm sorry but in fact i have check all source and version of linksbok webrowser .. it work in old version of xbmc but the xbmc 19/03/05 is not .. check the detail i tell before !! i think the bugs is by the keymap of xbmc with dvdplayer or the coding .. not sure about that .. just post here for you guy can work out .. :thumbsup:
(binhaus @ sep. 15 2005,15:11 Wrote:
(balltongue @ sep. 15 2005,14:49 Wrote:binhaus what are you doing? this is not the forum for linksbox so please ask your question in the right forum. anyway thank you guys so much for the dvd playback within xbmc. it was really nice to wake up on my birthday go to x-scene and see that my fav xbox app released a feature that i have been waiting for, for a long time. thank you dev team and all you donaters for accomplishing such a daunting task like this. i really appreciate it. rock on dev team.
yes friend right ... i'm sorry but in fact i have check all source and version of linksbok webrowser .. it work in old version of xbmc but the xbmc 19/03/05 is not .. check the detail i tell before !! i think the bugs is by the keymap of xbmc with dvdplayer or the coding .. not sure about that .. just post here for you guy can work out .. :thumbsup:
we will not look into it.

if linksbox is the only thing not working properly, then put 2 and 2 together.

please stop posting your linksbox issue.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
you guys rock :bowdown:

incredible... Shocked
do i need to do something something special to get it to work? when i click on my iso (also tried renaming to img) of the incredibles, it plays automatically like mplayer. i looked in the play using... menu, and it is indeed using dvdplayer to play.
(chrislee149 @ sep. 16 2005,22:22 Wrote:do i need to do something something special to get it to work? when i click on my iso (also tried renaming to img) of the incredibles, it plays automatically like mplayer. i looked in the play using... menu, and it is indeed using dvdplayer to play.
make sure you use the t3ch build on 9-12. the earlier builds out there that claimed to support this, didn't.
auto installer deluxe 2.1 doesnt have this function, it was just made public a few days ago. aid doesnt have a version with this in it.

i got it up and running but my video is very choppy over the network. i am wired and use ccxgui for my shares, but it is a raw iso (not compressed) from dvddecripter and is 7.5gigs.

i wonder if it is the file size and the bitrate that is slowing it down (xbmc shows the video as over 9mbps which is pretty damn high). i am currently waiting on dvdshrink to compress it as far down as i can to about 3.2 gigs then ill try that out.

also does it make a difference if its .iso or .img? in terms of campatibility and performance.

i am using ccx because i read it is faster and less complicating than smb. is there a way to benchmark how fast it is sending data?

thanks in  advance for any advice. i really would like to get this running over the network smoothly it would be ridiculous.
woop . thank for dvd making teem all !! :d waiting for better version in near future... :kickass:
(abmagfab @ sep. 17 2005,00:11 Wrote:
(chrislee149 @ sep. 16 2005,22:22 Wrote:do i need to do something something special to get it to work? when i click on my iso (also tried renaming to img) of the incredibles, it plays automatically like mplayer. i looked in the play using... menu, and it is indeed using dvdplayer to play.
make sure you use the t3ch build on 9-12. the earlier builds out there that claimed to support this, didn't.
i am using the 9-12 t3ch build.
(automator2k @ sep. 17 2005,01:32 Wrote:auto installer deluxe 2.1 doesnt have this function, it was just made public a few days ago. aid doesnt have a version with this in it.

i got it up and running but my video is very choppy over the network. i am wired and use ccxgui for my shares, but it is a raw iso (not compressed) from dvddecripter and is 7.5gigs.

i wonder if it is the file size and the bitrate that is slowing it down (xbmc shows the video as over 9mbps which is pretty damn high). i am currently waiting on dvdshrink to compress it as far down as i can to about 3.2 gigs then ill try that out.

also does it make a difference if its .iso or .img? in terms of campatibility and performance.

i am using ccx because i read it is faster and less complicating than smb. is there a way to benchmark how fast it is sending data?

thanks in  advance for any advice. i really would like to get this running over the network smoothly it would be ridiculous.
i've got a 100mbit hard wired network, using uncompressed iso's from dvdshrink (6-8gb each), renamed to img, and smb's, and i have no issues at all. they all play perfectly.

i get some skipping when i use the forward/back chapter on my remote, but not when i pick the chapter from the dvd menu. there are some other bugs (like no resume play), but overall it works very well.
Quote:there are some other bugs (like no resume play),
tell me, why is this a bug? we call it a feature, and because it is not implemented a feature request.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(darkie @ sep. 17 2005,13:42 Wrote:
Quote:there are some other bugs (like no resume play),
tell me, why is this a bug? we call it a feature, and because it is not implemented a feature request.
well, it's a bug because it's an already implemented feature for all other video types, that doesn't work with the dvd video type.

i'll add a bug to sf.
and i'll remove it, if you add it as a bugreport, and also warn you since you were already told it's not a bug (by the dvdplayer developer himself)

Exclamation 
Smile i just wonder : what is the different between this dvd player and the "old" one in xbmc - i have the 04.09.2005 edition of xbmc and find it great, with a built in dvd player that works just fine - with remote control and region free.
so let me know where to find the update and tell me - what has improved so much so you get lyric ??
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement0