• 7(current)
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement
(m33p @ oct. 07 2005,18:49 Wrote:im so confused.. i bought this xbox remote controll today.. but it still wont work! im at the menu, but i cannot move to select something or play the movie. to play the movie i must skip some scenes until it reaches the actual movie, but then i wont get subs or the sound selection i want. then the whole point with menus are gone. what's wrong?
#1 - you might have a bad build of xbmc. use the t3ch version, anything after 9-12

#2 - you didn't burn the iso/img properly. try again using dvd shrink, and don't edit anything out (do a full backup)

#3 - there are still some bugs with some dvd's (such as the us battlestar galactica dvd's, and fantasia) where the menu support doesn't work right (e.g. you might not see the menu, you can't move around the menu properly, etc.)

which one is yours?
(abmagfab @ oct. 07 2005,19:34 Wrote:
(m33p @ oct. 07 2005,18:49 Wrote:im so confused.. i bought this xbox remote controll today.. but it still wont work! im at the menu, but i cannot move to select something or play the movie. to play the movie i must skip some scenes until it reaches the actual movie, but then i wont get subs or the sound selection i want. then the whole point with menus are gone. what's wrong?
#1 - you might have a bad build of xbmc. use the t3ch version, anything after 9-12

#2 - you didn't burn the iso/img properly. try again using dvd shrink, and don't edit anything out (do a full backup)

#3 - there are still some bugs with some dvd's (such as the us battlestar galactica dvd's, and fantasia) where the menu support doesn't work right (e.g. you might not see the menu, you can't move around the menu properly, etc.)

which one is yours?
after hours and hours i finally found the problem - and solution. the problem was that my flash fxp was configured to autoskip files that did exist. i changed it to auto overwrite, so now it works perfectly! but thanks! maybe my solution will help others.
i updated xbmc today, and now i actually have a dvd icon on the osd (didn't have it before). yet, whenever i click the icon, i only hear a clicking sound - no menu shows up. also, clicking on the movie icon in my videos just brings up the movie directly. oh, and i think the problem i was having with not even having a dvd icon on the osd is the same a m33p's - i was trying to overwrite the files... was wondering why the file size remained the same. this time i deleted everything except xboxmediacenter.xml, and the skins and scripts directories.

edit: must be a problem with that certain movie/iso (the incredibles), whether it be because of xbmc or my own formatting of the iso, because i tried another iso (animusic), and it works fine.

i ripped my incredibles dvd (dvdshrink), and it works fine.
finally!
this musta beena doozy to code... i mean, you had to remake the whole core
thas prolly why it took a year, lol.
and yea... the menu system is still really buggy. the cursor selector madealy doesn't really want to show up too often, so you end up just guessing where the thing is...
i should also try to get my hands onto a dvd with a game on it... and see if it'll work
i doubt it tho...
now, off to a different part of the forum to find out why the poop the volume on my xbmc goes down when i turn down the volume on my tv using the remote
rock on guys
i hope i'm posting this in the right place. my current setup uses my xbmc and xbox as an interface to my tv so that i can stream my dvd iso images from my server. this has worked great using the standard media player and currently still does. now that i've updated my xbmc with the latest build from 10/30 and use the new default dvd player i've had a few issues:

- frame rate is around 23.98 fps(but that may not have changed...i can't remember, i just thought it was supposed to be 29 fps) and at times the video will sputter and it will be around 18 and then jump back up to 23 for a short period of the time it sputters.

- i get dropped frames every now and then when i never get them with the standard media player.

- fast forward seems to work partially...it really doesn't move very fast and no matter what speed i set it to fast forward it never gets any faster.

- fast rewind doesn't work at all. in fact it looks exactly like the fast forward and never goes in reverse, yet i can move forward and backward in the chapters without any issues.

i understand that the dvd player is a brand new feature and that many bugs are going to be found and just wanted to make sure the things i'm seeing weren't just a setting change to fix. the standard media player still works great and outside of the problems i mentioned above the dvd player does as well.

if anyone has any info on this, that would be great. thanks again for the continuation of a great product in xbmc!

nathan
as of xbox-20051107-t3ch, and up to xbox-20051121-t3ch, it seems dvd playback is broken when playing from hard drive.
anyone have any solutions or workarounds other than downgrading?
great !!!
so do i have to download the whole xbmc again or can i just add this dvd thing to my current version Huh and if i do have to download xbmc again do i just replace everything
replace everything and delete old settings in tdata/0face008 before trying to launch new version
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i just bought a beamer and i wanted to calibrate all my stuf with the star wars thx optimizer to have a great home cinema. :o

my surprise was big when the xbmc dvd player was not always able to run the dvd.  Shocked

after many tries with 3 different (original) dvds until it passed intro screen, so i launched thx optimizer, sound optimizer and..... all the chanels were wrong, front left going out in center, subwoofer going out in left surround and so on. i was really afraid.  :verysad:

so i tried with the modchip off, and there, with the original dashboard everything was ok, so maybe someone can tell me why this is happening, is this a general problem?

maybe this can help someone because when i put the dvd in the computer it ask me to install the interactual dvd player (present in disk), and if you don't do it it does not work.

the xbox can have the same limitation? :help:

braik
actually channels are right.. just that the video isn't correctly synced to the audio in the thx test. they have a very odd way of encoding that part. trying to figure out a fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(elupus @ feb. 03 2006,21:26 Wrote:actually channels are right.. just that the video isn't correctly synced to the audio in the thx test. they have a very odd way of encoding that part. trying to figure out a fix.
thanks you for the answer

braik
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC DVD-Player Announcement0