Looking for an easy to use ATSC PVR
Hello all,

It's the holidays and I'll have some time to play with my system!

I'm looking to add PVR support for the first time.

I'm planing on using either XBMCbuntu or Openelec for the new build.

I'm looking for a USB piece of hardware that will decode ATSC signals (I live in the states)

I also would like it to just work when I plug it in, so that I don't have to put too much work into getting things to show up properly. (I prefer to spend my time on aesthetics)

I searched the forum, and in reading the posts, I'm come up with a pretty good list of cards that I don't want to use, but no-one ever talks about their successes!

Can anyone offer any ideas?

Media
Hi. I know that you're looking at a usb tuner but I would highly recommend an HDHomerun. It'll just sit somewhere on your network and feed you your tv. If you really want to you can connect it to your pc. Also it is well supported by all major pvr backends. I've had one (now 2) for years and it's rock solid.

And well otherwise I would stick with a Hauppauge usb tuner. Better support.
That's a cool looking product, I hadn't know such a thing existed? Does it work with Buntu and OpenElec natively?
It works with xbmc so yes. They also have linux support so yes. Really if you want something easy and rock solid get it. The company that makes it, Silicondust, also has excellent support and updates. They still support older models after all this time.
Great, thank you for the help Robgue!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for an easy to use ATSC PVR 0