xbmc on boxee finally via boxeeplus possible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cchance Offline
Now that they've found a backdoor into the boxeebox just wondering if theirs any chance that we'll ever see xbmc come over to the boxeebox, i mean they've already got telnet root access enabled...

im not a developer but it should be possible no? And i think for all those people that bought into boxeebox on the initial hype from boxee that they were going to make the box xbmc compatible and "open" that all fell through on its face it would be cool if xbmc would support the boxeeplus guys and maybe get xbmc onto the boxeebox fully.
find quote
Starstream Offline
Donor
There's nothing stopping anyone stepping up to the plate but I doubt the XBMC team will. Boxee only sold something like 200k units and the number of those willing to hack the box is probably a tiny fraction.

Even if you could get XBMC running the developers would have to find a way to tie it into the hardware decoders on the Boxee Box and running XBMC on it may fair no better than the Boxee software itself.

If you can sell your Boxee and get the money together for a Pivos XIOS DS, that is open source and has some of the XBMC team working on it.
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-XBMC Wiki Guy
Makes you wonder how many where made all together. Is there some warehouse out there full of Boxee Boxes?

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote
Chris! Offline
Donor
Some say the Boxee boxes were always there and the warehouse was built around them

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
find quote
Martijn Offline
Team-XBMC
(2012-12-20 22:12)Chris! Wrote:  Some say the Boxee boxes were always there and the warehouse was built around them

Big Grin

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

For your mediacenter artwork go to
[Image: fanarttv.png]
find quote
vinistois Offline
Fan
(2012-12-20 17:40)Ned Scott Wrote:  Makes you wonder how many where made all together. Is there some warehouse out there full of Boxee Boxes?

ya, its called Best Buy Big Grin
find quote
Anastrophe Offline
Donor
Delorean
find quote
natethomas Offline
Team-XBMC Community Manager
(2012-12-20 22:12)Chris! Wrote:  Some say the Boxee boxes were always there and the warehouse was built around them

I've heard this phrase before, but have no idea where from.
find quote
T800 Offline
Posting Freak
Top Gear use a similar phrase whenever they introduce their tame racing driver 'The Stig'

Living Room i3 • W7 Ultimate x64 • 120GB SSD • HD 7750 • 2x TBS8922 tuners • Aeon Nox 4.0
Bedroom A6 3500 • W7 Ultimate x64 • 40GB SSD • HD 6550 • Aeon Nox 4.0
Servers unRAID server for Movies (22TB) • unRAID server for TV Shows/Music (11TB)
HTPC http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99831
unRAID Server http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106786
find quote
teeedubb Offline
Donor
They were bundling boxee boxes with TVs here is Australia not long ago... maybe they will be dumped with the Atari 2600 ET cartridges buried in a New Mexico desert...

My Add-ons, only available for XBMC:
Steam Launcher|Music Party Mode|Reboot2oOS|Triple J Radio
find quote
jeal72 Offline
Wink  RE: xbmc on boxee finally via boxeeplus possible?
http://boxeed.in/forums/viewtopic.php?f=...&start=370
find quote
jjd-uk Online
Team-XBMC Member
Old news http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171959
find quote