veubox
Exclamation 
hi ,
my XBMC is not working any more on my VeuBOX , is there any soltion to fix it ! or to reastall it.
thank you Guys !
HuhSad
thanks for your help , is there any way to fix xbmx on veubox , is it just flashing .
  • Define "not working any more". Imagine your car stopped running while you are in the middle of nowhere and you telephone an auto mechanic and tell him, "my car isn't working anymore" and, from that information alone, expect him to suggest things you can try remotely to restart your car.
  • Contact VeuBox. They may have a restore image or disc to allow you to recover the entire installation (OS and apps).
  • According to their website, it looks like this box runs Linux, so you might be able to install XBMC for Linux on it (www.xbmc.org/download/ ). However, this may or may not work if, for example, they install XBMC in a non-standard location and have a custom front-end launcher for all their preinstalled apps, including XBMC. Or they had to tweak XBMC so it can run on their specific hardware.
I have a Veubox IPTV by CaptiveWorks Inc with Linux i686 2.6.35.3
now all of the sudden it stops during boot at 27% then it send me to command prompt screen. (Veubox login: ). I'm not sure how to bypass this to fully boot to os Menu. I tried to exit login but no option to do so. CaptiveWorks Inc are not answering my emails. Vendor where I bought it from is out of business.
Can any one help?

above veubox login: it lists many lines of commands like this:
mtab: caught SIGTERM, aborting
root : caught SIGTERM, aborting
fsck : caught SIGTERM, aborting
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Since the system won't even boot up to the operating system , it's not an XBMC problem. Do you have a restore disk or partition to reload the system to its virgin state? Perhaps there's a restore image on the manufacturer's website? Or maybe there's a support forum somewhere for this system?

Worse comes to worse, you try installing a generic Linux distro on it and see if you can get a running system out of it.
Nope, they didn't provide one in the box. Also none listed on their website, nor they replied to my emails. I must say CaptiveWorks Inc suck. I'll never buy their products in the future. I'll try to reinstall a blank image and go from there.

Thanks for replying,
(2013-03-20, 18:24)feras_nf Wrote: Nope, they didn't provide one in the box. Also none listed on their website, nor they replied to my emails. I must say CaptiveWorks Inc suck. I'll never buy their products in the future. I'll try to reinstall a blank image and go from there.

Thanks for replying,

you need to reinstall the OS, if you know anybody else who has veubox, just clone the hard drive or back up the hard drive and install it to your hard drive. i had same problem as yours, requesting login and password, i solved it with the reinstall the OS. Now, I have backed up my OS in case anything happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
veubox0