[REQUEST] SopCast Client and Media Viewer Plugin/Script for Streaming SopCasts Video?
I am having the same problems no matter what i try, whether it is the script or creating an m3u file e.t.c When I play the stream from xbmc it cuts out every few minutes and goes back to the menu where i have to click it again. I've noticed it cuts out after the cache reaches 80%, but playing around with the caches (increasing/decreasing them) got me nowhere really. I'd really like to get this working. Please if anyone knows something, enlighten us Sad
Merlinux Wrote:I am having the same problems no matter what i try, whether it is the script or creating an m3u file e.t.c When I play the stream from xbmc it cuts out every few minutes and goes back to the menu where i have to click it again. I've noticed it cuts out after the cache reaches 80%, but playing around with the caches (increasing/decreasing them) got me nowhere really. I'd really like to get this working. Please if anyone knows something, enlighten us Sad

Yeh, when I watch the cache on mine, it goes up to 80% full and then the stream stops. It must definitely be something to do with the cache, but I don't know the optimum settings to get it working any better Oo

It's not just when streaming with SopCast, either - exactly the same thing happens with TVU and TVAnts :confused2:
Yep i've tried a few cache settings, but i don't see them making any difference :/// I also thought perhaps the xbox was streaming the video from the computer too quickly and stopping because it suddenly has nothing more to play, if that makes sense? It also seems to happen on some channels more than others. I was watching this one channel that was going at 25fps instead of the usual 30fps and it took longer to cut out, but still eventually cut out. lol this is really frustrating Stare
At least we're sharing the same kind of problem which probably makes it easier to figure out how to resolve it.. I would suppose it's an issue with mplayer...
Really, does it matter if you switch the cache? To me, it doesn't take any longer before it starts even if I've put the cache from 1MB to 4MB. The thing is that it's also at least ten seconds ahead of the video that's running on the pc, which means it caches a lot less, even if it really shouldn't affect anything...

This is at least something I'd love if a developer had a look at as sopcast is really nice.
Guys, I think i've found a solution. Start your sopcast stream and load your m3u file on xbmc (or other equivalent stream file)
then click "menu" on the remote and select "Video Settings" (the option just underneath the big pause in the middle", go right down to the bottom and select "No Cache".

I've just been watching the stream with this setting for over half an hour now and it hasnt stopped once Smile

Try it out and let me know if it solves it for you as well Big Grin
Merlinux, it works like a charm, iv beeen searchin for ages for a solution. Cheers man thanks to u am much more likely to see all ma footie n mma.
Thanks so bloody much! Haven't tried it much but it seems to work quite well if the pc get enough cache from sopcast.
The weird thing is that I was thinking about trying the same thing last week, but I remember I didn't do it because I thought that since I had already tried putting the cache to nothing in the menu, I didn't believe there'd be any difference =) And it really shouldn't be either, but these streams are for some reason not affected in any way by how much you put the cache in the menu, they always cache the same amount nonetheless. So the "no cache" you do do in the player must work in a different way.

Anyway, thanks for fixing it! Now I'm gonna watch a lot of Premier League, La liga and Serie A!!!
gronne Wrote:Thanks so bloody much! Haven't tried it much but it seems to work quite well if the pc get enough cache from sopcast.
The weird thing is that I was thinking about trying the same thing last week, but I remember I didn't do it because I thought that since I had already tried putting the cache to nothing in the menu, I didn't believe there'd be any difference =) And it really shouldn't be either, but these streams are for some reason not affected in any way by how much you put the cache in the menu, they always cache the same amount nonetheless. So the "no cache" you do do in the player must work in a different way.

Anyway, thanks for fixing it! Now I'm gonna watch a lot of Premier League, La liga and Serie A!!!

Yep, exactly I tried the same thing with the cache in the main settings of xbmc, but it didn't do anything, so I reluctantly tried this "No Cache" setting within the video settings of the player and bingo. Now we can enjoy our sopcast Big Grin
Big Grin 
Merlinux Wrote:Guys, I think i've found a solution. Start your sopcast stream and load your m3u file on xbmc (or other equivalent stream file)
then click "menu" on the remote and select "Video Settings" (the option just underneath the big pause in the middle", go right down to the bottom and select "No Cache".

I've just been watching the stream with this setting for over half an hour now and it hasnt stopped once Smile

Try it out and let me know if it solves it for you as well Big Grin

Thanks a TRILLION mate!!!! Managed to watch the whole Man Utd match on my widescreen TV today thanks to your solution!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOO! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Glad to help out a fellow United supporter Wink
Hey may I ask you what sopcast links you use to watch the games? I had a bit of trouble finding the manutd - spurs game. Eventually found it though. But would be nice to know more sources Smile
Merlinux Wrote:Glad to help out a fellow United supporter Wink
Hey may I ask you what sopcast links you use to watch the games? I had a bit of trouble finding the manutd - spurs game. Eventually found it though. But would be nice to know more sources Smile

I just use the links from http://www.myp2p.eu and their forum. I had trouble finding a stream myself - watched three quarters of the match in Japanese before a forum member posted a link to an English stream Smile

If I come across any others, I'll let you know - would be glad if you'd do the same! Smile
yep! thats the site i used, and yeh all the links were down till someone posted on the forums their sopcast lol i hope there are plenty of links for future games Big Grin
MANNNNNNNNNNNNN UNITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :p
is it possible to a sopcast clinic inside of xbmc so you don't have to link it with the computer?.
Not sure in which thread i should post this... but i put it here, maybe the admins can add it to the wiki...

I use a site called Rojadirecta.com to see matches on P2PTV programs, and there's a new program which is becoming popular called "uusee". I didn't see any reference to the port/address, etc, so i searched with cports.exe utility.. Finally i got the address...

http://192.168.1.1:90 (where 192.168.1.1 is the ip of my computer running UUSee). Hope it helps!
idiots' guide help please.
Obtain Sopcast and install on pc AND scripts folder on xbmc?
obtain sopcast remote client and put it in folder on pc or scripts folder on XBMC?

coming into this with a fast lesson appreciated as it would be nice to get a stream for some sport today...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] SopCast Client and Media Viewer Plugin/Script for Streaming SopCasts Video?0