Mythbox/mythtv
Hi,
I have been trying to figure out how on earth I can get mythtv or mythbox on my ipad through xbmc. After many hours of trying to get the frodo version working on my ipad I gave up so I am working with the stable version Eden. I tried to get the myth tv working on the xbmx frodo in my macbook but I guess I am too simple minded to figure out what I am doing wrong there and cant find any step by step idiot proof way to get it working. SOOO I decided to get the mythbox instead on the ipad, but once again running into problems. In the setup I need a so called mysql password and after hour and hours again I have NOOOO IDEA what, if and how I can get that?
Can ANYONE help me out here.
Keep in mind, I am a total beginnger here so I really need idiot proof guide lines.

Thanx in advance.
Hi,
I have been trying to figure out how on earth I can get mythtv or mythbox on my ipad through xbmc. After many hours of trying to get the frodo version working on my ipad I gave up so I am working with the stable version Eden. I tried to get the myth tv working on the xbmx frodo in my macbook but I guess I am too simple minded to figure out what I am doing wrong there and cant find any step by step idiot proof way to get it working. SOOO I decided to get the mythbox instead on the ipad, but once again running into problems. In the setup I need a so called mysql password and after hour and hours again I have NOOOO IDEA what, if and how I can get that?
Can ANYONE help me out here.
Keep in mind, I am a total beginnger here so I really need idiot proof guide lines.

Thanx in advance.
mythtv pvr addon is now included in rc2, try this newer build if you hadn't.

where the mythtv password is might depend on how it was packaged, on ubuntu it's in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Any chance on giving me a step by step instruction how to do that? :/
I start by going under add-on then pvr clients enable myth tv and the I get the message

MythTV cmyth PVR CLIENT
Connect: Failed to connect to MythTV back......

What do I do here?
hostname: the ip address of your mythtv backend server
backend port: 6543 (it's the default port)
username: mythtv (i think that's the default)
password: (it should have asked for for one when you set up your backend)
databasename: mythconverg (i think that's the default also)
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Maybe this is out of my legue but where can i find the ip adress on my back en server? Dont know what this is.
How do i set up a back en server in my ipad?

Best regards
Gretar
mythtv is a software based video recorder requiring a linux machine and DVB tuning hardware.

the pvr addons for xbmc only allow you to watch recordings and live tv you need the a backend machine to record them.
So what i just want to watch live tv without recording, is that possible? If so is there any simple way to set it up?
No solutions?
I haven't had a lot of time for it lately, but one of my personal to-do's was to get MythTV working and make a basic setup guide for it and XBMC. So far I have not gotten MythTV working...

One thing though, you can't actually run MythTV itself on the iPad. It must be on a desktop computer of some kind, as I don't believe MythTV can run on an ARM processor. XBMC on the iPad can still act as a frontend to MythTV, but there must be a backend server too.
(2012-12-22, 11:19)gretar@sagaz.is Wrote: So what i just want to watch live tv without recording, is that possible? If so is there any simple way to set it up?

You still need a TV tuner card on your backend system (not on your iPad).
gretar, I am in the same boat as you. I can't get the back-end database configured - can't get past the second screen that asks for hostname, user, password. I don't want to record either, just watch live TV on host machine (my mac mini).
OP, I think I understand what you want. You have XBMC on your ipad and just want to watch Live TV.

Unfortunately, the MythTV PVR addon is not going to do that for you. It just allows you to use XBMC on your ipad to connect to a MythTV Server. It assumes you already have one of those at home on your network.

Building a MythTV server is unfortunately not trivial but there is a lot of support out there, you'll need a PC (probably an older desktop machine) and 1 or more supported TV tuners. Then, probably the easiest way in is to download and install MythBuntu; it's a linux distribution with MythTV that makes installation and configuration a bit easier.

Get Mythbuntu working, getting guide data, and configured for network use then you can configure the MythTV PVR addon in XBMC on your ipad.

I have an HP DC7800 SFF computer sitting around here with a Leadtek DTV2000DS tuner. If it's useful to people here, over the weekend (if I have time) I can run up mythbuntu 12.04, configure mythtv, shepherd (guide data) and get the mythtv addon working on my ipad 3 running IOS 5.1.1 and XBMC Frodo RC2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythbox/mythtv0