Install 3rd Party Add-Ons on Android Mini X
Hi All,

I've been running XBMC Frodo RC2 on my H-P Pavilion Notebook with great success. Previously, I was using Eden, and now running the latest.

Now, I have an Android device called the Mini X, which has the Cortex-A8 chip. It is a sweet little, inexpensive device! I have loaded the latest RC2 for Android, and can run the associated Add-Ons that came with the downloaded package. However, despite my many efforts, I can not load 3rd party (unofficial) Add-Ons. I am familiar with the normal way of loading these as I've done it on my Notebook.

I've loaded a long list of Add-Ons e.g. Navi-X on both a microSD Card and USB Flash Drive, but can not access them in any file directory to install them.

Is there a work around for this as I want to cut the HDMI cord to my HDTV via my Notebook, and run XBMC on my Mini X? That is plug in my HDMI cable to the Mini X and port it to my HDTV.

Thanks in advance for any assistance / replies.
JJMacey
Wildwood, New Jersey - On The Jersey Shore
Linux Web Site + Blog

I bought one of those things too, playing movies I have on an external har drive and the little thing is flawless, however, getting XBMC to work properly on it is seeming a bit futile as the machine doesn't seem to have enough power, network or processing.

In any case, I have not tried to load any add-ons through the SD card, I have downloaded directly to the Mini-X where they are found in the download folder or installed from a USB drive. I believe the path to find your USB drive is Root/mnt/USBHost #
erydan,

Firstly, thanks for the reply, and secondly apologies for the late response - Holidays!

I have loaded the standard XBMC download on my Mini X, and it works, but probably do need to get the newer - more powerful - version of Mini X. Also, when XBMC goes final for Android I'll give that a shot to see if I can add those must have 3rd party add-ons.

What I'm trying to do is create a media center for my HDTV using this (or other) Android device so that I can cut that HDMI cable fom my PC. It's all good clean fun!

Again, thanks for the reply, and best wishes for the New Year!
JJMacey
Wildwood, New Jersey - On The Jersey Shore
Linux Web Site + Blog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install 3rd Party Add-Ons on Android Mini X0