Python version?
Hi!

Sorry for the noob question, but which version of Python does XBMC uses?
On the official Python website they have two version 2.7.3 and 3.3.0...

xbmc ships with python 2.6, which will be used on most installs.

on linux, it can use other python versions,
depending on which version is installed on the system.
(ubuntu 12.10 ships with python 2.7.3)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks
is it possible to use python 3.3 with the rasbmc installation of xbmc for plugin development or does it need to be 2.7?
(2012-12-27, 18:53)pycoderf Wrote: is it possible to use python 3.3 with the rasbmc installation of xbmc for plugin development or does it need to be 2.7?

python 3.x is not backward compatible with 2.x
so unless you know what you're doing i would wait until xbmc supports 3.x
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
When will XBMC support Python 3.x? I am learning Python now, and would like to start making modules. I think Python 3.x is much more elegant than Python 2.x.

Is it possible to have XBMC to run both python 2.x and python 3.x modules at the same time so the backlog catalog of python 2.x modules can still be used while also allowing new Python 3.x modules? Smile Or do the XBMC core need to be migrated to 3.x before it can run 3.x modules?
The Real Skimshady
Just use 3to2 or something. Although it's not that hard to write code that runs in both 2.x and 3.x.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python version?0