SD content takes forever to load in openelec
Got my raspberry pi thinking it would be a good alternative over an apple tv 2. SD content takes usually 2 or so minutes to load and some movies just stop playing altogether after a couple minutes. Is there any way to improve this? Its for my kids room tv and all kids movies I get in SD since they don't care either way. I'm beginning to think maybe I should just try trading someone the Pi for an apple tv 2. I have an apple tv 2 in my bedroom and apart from not playing 1080p its really solid.

I should add, content is streamed to it over wifi via a MySQL database from my main htpc. This same network configuration loads content quickly via atv2 over the pi
You'll probably need to better define "SD". What codec is involved? What resolution?
704x480, xvid codec for all
Where are you playing movies from?
Network drive? nfs/smb? Wired or wifi?

Can you try playing the same file from USB stick, or the sdcard?
(2013-01-03, 13:03)popcornmix Wrote: Where are you playing movies from?
Network drive? nfs/smb? Wired or wifi?

Can you try playing the same file from USB stick, or the sdcard?

Network drive, smb via wifi. I can try playing the file later via sd card.
(2013-01-03, 16:49)thesuffering Wrote: Network drive, smb via wifi. I can try playing the file later via sd card.

I'll predict it will be fine from sdcard, and this is a wifi/networking problem.
wired will be better than wifi, if you can change
nfs will be better than smb, if you can change

Try to measure the network performance you are getting (e.g. time copying a file to Pi over wifi/smb). I'm guessing that will low.
(2013-01-03, 17:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 16:49)thesuffering Wrote: Network drive, smb via wifi. I can try playing the file later via sd card.

I'll predict it will be fine from sdcard, and this is a wifi/networking problem.
wired will be better than wifi, if you can change
nfs will be better than smb, if you can change

Try to measure the network performance you are getting (e.g. time copying a file to Pi over wifi/smb). I'm guessing that will low.

Is there a reason only the pi seems to suffer, whereas any other device running xbmc in my home doesn't have these issues? My atv2, iPad, and laptop all load content quickly via xbmc. You would think if it's a network issue, all devices would have slow load times, no?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SD content takes forever to load in openelec0