Filtering item out of TV Shows Node - Custom Nodes Help
Dear XBMC Members, First let me take the time to say Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all of you. I hope you all are having/have a great Holiday. I am hoping someone here will be able to take the time to help me with a problem I am having.

I was reading in the XBMC Wiki that it is possible to filter out items from nodes, specifically the main movie and TV Show nodes to hide specific files. The example given to whats possible with custom nodes was that you are now able to hide your children's movies from the core of your movie collection.

Essentially that is what I am trying to do. First let me explain how my media library is set up.

D:\
|--->Movies
|--->TV Series
|--->Anime

Now let me explain what I want to do, I would like to set it up so that when I select TV Series from the home menu all items in the "D:\Anime" folder are filtered out and not shown in the main TV Series listing. I believe this can be accomplished via custom node filtering of the primary TV Series node yet I have no idea how to go about doing it and am hoping someone can help me with it.

I have tried to use custom playlists however for a few reasons its not really applicable for what I want to do when it comes to my HTPC and usability. If it turns out what I want to do is not possible or would be very difficult and nobody here is able or willing to take the time required to assist me in my goal then I will use custom playlists, but its something I would very very much prefer not to have to do.

Thank you all very much for your time, I know its precious during this holiday season so I appreciate you spending some of it reading my request and possibly helping me. I truly am most grateful for any assistance anyone can offer as I am quite a bit lost when it comes to these things.

Thanks a lot everyone, and I hope you all have a Happy Holiday.

-Stangmar

System Info:
Windows 7 Professional
XBMC Frodo RC2
Skin: Rapier/Xperience1080
Alright, well I have still been working on this and I have made a little progress.

So far I have been able to set up a custom node edited from the %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\library\video\tvshows\titles.xml and was able to get a custom video node working that separates all the anime from the TV Series. However now the problem I am having is I do not know how to set it up so that when I click the TV Shows button on the home menu to have it bring me to the custom node I have set up. This is really the part I need help with now. Heck for all I know I am going about this all wrong and need to be doing something else. Hopefully I am on the right track, it just seems impossible at times to make it so when I click TV Shows on the main menu it excludes my anime collection, but at least I think I am making progress.

Code for my first real attempt at a custom node:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="filter">
  <label>369</label>
  <path>videodb://2/2</path>
  <content>tvshows</content>
  <icon>DefaultTVShowTitle.png</icon>
  <rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">D:\Anime\</rule>
</node>

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks again so much for your time everyone.

Sincerely,

-Stangmar
I wish I could help, just posted to say i'd like to be able to do this as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filtering item out of TV Shows Node - Custom Nodes Help1