Maybe a stupid Unraid question?
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it on a search.

I have my new Unraid server setup in a Proliant micro server and I can see all my films and play them from my MacBook. My Zotac running XBMC on windows 7 can see all the shares but is failing to pickup all the video files. These are the same files that worked fine on my old NAS but transferred to the Unraid box.

I suspect I've missed a step. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help, Rob.
Nice little HP Proliant server you got there... I am stumped why it's not working for you. How did you add your shares to xbmc on the zotac?
Just went into the video section and said to add new share SMB:/tower and then added my movies folder, etc. it adds the share as I can see the one sub folder I have but it can't see anything else.

I ssh'd onto it and ran a chmod -R 777 on the folders just in case it was a permissions issue but no difference.

On the unraid server I have the samba shares set to export read/write. Is that ok? All the shares have allocation set to high water.

Cheers, Rob.
have you got the video source/shares in xbmc set as "Movies" or "Tv Shows". (ie. this folder contains Movies) so the scraper can see them?
No, I have the movies as Movies/Grownupmovies, Movies/kidsmovies but my TV shows is correct and they won't play either.
Quote:My Zotac running XBMC on windows 7 can see all the shares but is failing to pickup all the video files

Are you saying it fail to pick up any videos at all or is it only picking up some videos?

EDIT: can you map the drives and see if you can pick them up that way? just to check
I'm just shutting down the array at the moment soi can check the settings. Once that's done I'll restart it and check a share directly from within Win7. Thanks, Rob.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maybe a stupid Unraid question?0