Problem with adding new items to library - library breaks
I've been using this wonderful product for many years and have had very few issues. I've run into a fairly major one now though and I couldn't find any thread regarding this. Basically, anytime I scan an item into the library - the library collapses. I've had issues with the library earlier so I started doing daily backups and as such could easily reproduce the issue.

Any scanning of a new movie or tv show (whether a new show or a new episode to an existing show) will break the entire library. I've attached the Debug Log for this below after adding a new episode to Fringe and doing a "Scan for new content" on that.

Pastebin

Thanks for XBMC and the hard work and I apologize if this was posted in the wrong section or was a doublepost.
Just thinking out loud here, could it be too many items for sqlite?

Anyone think it may work better vs MySQL?
Followup:

I did the swap to MySQL following the very excellent guides at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...g_up_MySQL and now I have scanned an entire show into my library, a movie and the Fringe episode which caused the crash earlier. No corruptions in database and MySQL is working fine.

This seems to be some file-related issue, the disks do seem fine though (no smart warnings and a raid1 system, so seems unlikely). If any developer wants the sqlite database (I have both a broken and working version) for possible fix, please send me a message. I consider this matter solved though since there was a solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with adding new items to library - library breaks0