Getting LiveTV To Time Out (AKA I Forgot I Left LiveTV Running)
I'm using Frodo with a MythTV backend and everything is working great (with the marked exception of ATSC Closed Captions, but that's a different story....). My wife, though, is in the habit of accidentally forgetting to stop LiveTV when she's done using XBMC and this is causing LiveTV to keep running and running forever.

I've looked and not found a way to insert a timeout of some kind. What I'd like to see is some way of setting a time out value (of, for example 3 hours) and after that amount of time LiveTV automatically stops playback unless it gets user feedback (I'd even be okay without the user feedback part if I could just get it to stop automatically).

Her forgetting to stop the playback is playing havoc on my MythBackend server (eg, running the LiveTV area out of space among other things).

Is there a way to do this? In MythFrontend I could do this but I cannot find such a setting in XBMC.
I don't understand why this would be an issue. Just watching LiveTV should not make a backend run out of space. If it's a live-time shifting feature, then I would think this would be configurable so that only the last XX minutes are saved and then deleted, so you wouldn't run out of space.
(2012-12-23, 01:52)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't understand why this would be an issue. Just watching LiveTV should not make a backend run out of space. If it's a live-time shifting feature, then I would think this would be configurable so that only the last XX minutes are saved and then deleted, so you wouldn't run out of space.

As of 0.25, MythBackend will now record forever since it no longer uses a ring-buffer. When it was a ring-buffer this was easy since I could control the size of the bufer. Now, MythBackend will just record until either (a) the users stops LiveTV or (b) it runs out of space on disk.

Ouch, maybe I won't try to use MythTV for my HDHomeRun Prime set up, then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting LiveTV To Time Out (AKA I Forgot I Left LiveTV Running)1