MCE Remote - Map Live Tv button to Timeline view?
Folks as above.is it possible to map an mce remote "Live Tv" button to Timeline view? Prefer that view over the channel view.
Hi,

I've been trying the same, it seems the ActivateWindow call can call MyPVR and various dialogs (as of http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap ), but not the different views on that page.

Can any of the knowledgable people confirm that it's not possible? Does it need to be raised as a feature request?

Thanks
if you look in /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml it shows various commands like.

Code:
<g mod="ctrl">ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</g>  <!-- MCE Guide -->
    <o mod="ctrl">ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</o>  <!-- MCE Recorded TV -->
     <t mod="ctrl">ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)</t>  <!-- MCE Live TV  -->
     <t mod="ctrl,shift">ActivateWindow(MyPVR)</t>                <!-- MCE My TV -->
     <a mod="ctrl">ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 33,0, 12,0)</a>  <!-- MCE My Radio -->

not sure what those numbers after the command do, maybe they can take you to a subpage.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Awesome, thanks!

This is a bit of my .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
        <mytv>ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</mytv>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

And that takes it to the TV Guide. Perfect Smile

It seems item 31 is the button for EPG Timeline, and 10 is the actual grid, so you need to do the button then the grid. Doing 31 without the 10 leaves the side panel open. Doing the 10 without the 31 just puts focus on the usual TV channel list, but without the side panel.
cheers!

Is there ones for the mini tv guides? one that shows whats on currently on each channel and the other that shows the epg guide for the channel you are on.
Sorry, this belong over at. - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=155150

- thank you, I am not sure how i missed that.

I had to change things a bit since that is in the keyboard section, but the command worked as intended.

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</red>
<green>XBMC.Action(OSD)</green>
<nine>XBMC.Action(pvrguidesearch)</nine>
<livetv>ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</livetv>
</remote>
</global

For those using a samsung smartv here is a link to the mappings of the remote

http://wardiesworld.wordpress.com/2012/1...key-codes/
I created a ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml file and put the following into it:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
        <mytv>ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</mytv>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

But every time I clicked on Live TV it put me into the Channel view, which was a blank screen. I finally figured out that I had to go to Settings | Live TV | EPG and change the Default EPG Window setting to "Timeline". That did the trick. Might seem obvious to others but it had me scratching my head for a while.

I should probably add that I am using the Neon for Frodo skin, so don't know if this would be different on other skins. Also, setting the default EPG window worked on my media center box which runs under Ubuntu 12.04, but does not work on the OS X version running on my desktop (I don't know about the remote under OS X because I don't use a remote with my desktop system).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote - Map Live Tv button to Timeline view?0