Uninstalling Crystal HD / reinstalling wireless card
Hello, about a year ago or so I installed the Crystal HD card, replacing the wifi card that came with the original Apple TV. Everything worked fine.

I now need to get the Apple TV back on my wireless network so yesterday I took out the Crystal HD card and reinstalled the wifi card but it does not seem to work anymore. Although the interface shows up in the Apple TV settings, it does not see any wireless networks. Ifconfig does not list the interface either when I ssh into it. I performed a factory restore but that didn't fix it. Any ideas? My guess is that somehow the wifi driver was uninstalled before and that now I need to reinstall it, but I have not been able to find the driver or any documentation on this and, as mentioned, the factory restore did not fix the issue.

I have been searching for several hours now so any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot.
As you can see by my number of posts, I'm new around here as well, so on chance this post ends up being a stupid suggestion, please don't flame me. I'm just trying to help. As for your problem, the instructions I've found on replacing the wifi card that came with the ATV 1 with the Crystal HD card calls for snipping the original wireless card wires. In the instructions I've found, there's nothing that tells you to reconnect them to the Crystal HD card, unless that's assumed? I said all of that to ask: Did you reconnect the original wiring to back to the ATV 1 wireless card when you re-installed?
Ouch. I try to just tuck the wires out of the way and tape them down.

As for why it's not working, I have no idea. The wifi card could be damaged or the OS might need to be reinstalled/reset or something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uninstalling Crystal HD / reinstalling wireless card0