Fanless low power FC10 build: Please check my specs
very cool

im still very indecisive about my upcoming build. after reading your first thoughts about your new system, and the fact that ive got some more spare money, im very much thinking about going in a very similar direction (e.g. FC10, the asus mobo etc. was thinking about fc8 for a moment but apparently it only fits miniITX).

how difficult was the assembly with the case? also very eager to hear about how it will turn out with your VAAPI issue.

i like the numbers, too. nice one Smile
At this very moment, I'm typing the full review. With the pictures.
Wait till later (1-2hrs I guess), and you'll have a step-by-step with pictures :-)

The FC10 heatpipe thing is a bit tricky, but 20 minutes and you're good.

Quote:the asus mobo etc. was thinking about fc8 for a moment but apparently it only fits microATX

Did you want to put a board >mATX in the FC10/FC8? Streacom says they expect people to put mITX or mATX board in there. The FC10 has enough room for full ATX boards though -- at least I think that.
Fanless Linux HTPC/NAS: Streacom FC10, ASUS P8H77-M PRO, i3-3225, Corsair LP White DDR3-1600, picoPSU-150-XT, 1x SSD 840, 2x HDD WD Red 3TB
Stats: 29W idle, 55W load, CPU 38-43°C idle, CPU 55-60°C load, HDD 42-43°C idle, HDD 47°C load

Here you go m33e, took a little longer.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152586
Fanless Linux HTPC/NAS: Streacom FC10, ASUS P8H77-M PRO, i3-3225, Corsair LP White DDR3-1600, picoPSU-150-XT, 1x SSD 840, 2x HDD WD Red 3TB
Stats: 29W idle, 55W load, CPU 38-43°C idle, CPU 55-60°C load, HDD 42-43°C idle, HDD 47°C load

(2013-01-18, 22:19)binwiederda Wrote: At this very moment, I'm typing the full review. With the pictures.
Wait till later (1-2hrs I guess), and you'll have a step-by-step with pictures :-)

The FC10 heatpipe thing is a bit tricky, but 20 minutes and you're good.

Quote:the asus mobo etc. was thinking about fc8 for a moment but apparently it only fits microATX

Did you want to put a board >mATX in the FC10/FC8? Streacom says they expect people to put mITX or mATX board in there. The FC10 has enough room for full ATX boards though -- at least I think that.
i got really fixated on the P8H77-M PRO, so the last task is finding a suitable case. i really like the fc8, too. however apparently it only fits miniITX. from your pictures i can get a feeling of how the fc10 looks like in terms of size. pretty huge, no doubt it can eat standard ATX boards Smile

of course huge is relative. i dont need & dont want the extra space for additional HDDs, im good with an SSD & BD drive. so i guess i should go the middle way and take the FC9.
P8H77-I is a very nice motherboard. I use it in all my Intel Ivy Bridge builds as long as it's available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanless low power FC10 build: Please check my specs0