XBMC settings and HTPC build
what's wrong with my XBMC

I have movies bluray 1:1 rips some I used handbrake to make smaller. When I play them, everything is studdering. The video playback, studders as well as XBMC.

Here is the weird part, I'm on a PC with two speakers and a sub, basic logitech analog setup. Video playback studders for a few seconds ( I assume due to cache buffer?) then proceeds as normal with perfect playback afterwards.

I then change 2.0 to 2.1. This is where the studder comes into play. I assume it is looking for a digital 2.1. Sub seems to still be active even with 2.0 is set to on.

Back to 2.0 and it's fine.

EDIT before post: Just just enabled vertical sync and it took care of the studder before at the beginning of playback.

On a separate note:

I'm going to look into a HTPC I can set up for 600-700. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

I hope to put in a SSD drive, move over my 2TB drive (With room to add another Hard drive), and have onboard HDMI with some capability for games on the big screen but my PC I have now will be used for that.

I've built many computers just thought what I would need so I don't go overboard.

If you only have one cable for your speakers, the 2.0 setup is right.
The sub play automatically via a frequency separating filter.

The "Speakers" is a bit misleading in xbmc. It does not really ask how money "boxes" are there, but how many channels and for your setup those are 2.

You did not write about your current hardware - i think it is good enough, without investing additional money.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
current hardware is windows 8 64bit 6GB DDR 3 1333Mhz. Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.0Ghz. But this I'm keeping at my desk. Later if I get enough money I hope to build a new one but that is up in the air. I think 600-700 is good enough for a HTPC build. The 3TB drive ( I said 2 in my post but it's actually 3TB). I have in this computer will go into the HTPC build.

It's just a matter of putting the pieces together.

Just over $600.

What do you guys think?

whoops forgot a hard drive. I'll just get small one just for the os or the smalles SSD. A reg. hard drive may be enough.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC settings and HTPC build0