Help Changing Home Menu Icon Linking - Xperience1080
Dear XBMC Forum Members,

First let me wish you all a Happy Holiday and Happy New Year, I know you are all most likely quite busy with holiday things so I will do my best to be as brief and clear as I can in my request for help. Thank You in advance for your time and assistance, it is most appreciated.

Recently I updated from XBMC 11 to XBMC 12 RC2 and decided that Xperience1080 was the best skin choice for my needs, After all its just flat out incredible. The problem I am having is as follows, due to the way XBMC's library is set up all of my Anime shows are mixed in with my regular Television shows in the "TV Shows" library even though they are in separate folders. Sadly it seems there is no way around this if I want to use anime scrapers.

So I have decided what I want to accomplish is the following. I would like to find a way so that when I click the main TV Shows button on the home menu instead of it going to the main TV Shows library that includes everything, I would instead like it to point to a specific folder. The folder being the one that contains all of my regular non-anime TV Shows.

I am aware I can add custom buttons that link to folders or playlists as additional items on the home menu, but doing this just confuses my other family members, especially my little ones as when they click TV Shows they are expecting just regular television, not the entire library that just so happens to include my large anime collection. So the best option really is to change the TV Shows home menu icon to point to a specific folder, that being the TV Shows folder on my hard drive.

I have read in other posts for other skins this is possible by editing a few lines in the skins xml files; however after searching for the specific lines (such as ActivateWindow lines) in Xperience1080 hoping to find them, I was sadly unable to find lines named the same. I suspect the lines I would need to change are differently labeled or are in an area I do not know to look as this is a different skin. Hence my desperate request for help here.

Any assistance you all can offer is as stated earlier, greatly appreciated. Especially being that the holidays are upon us and most of you are busy spending time with family and friends.

I look forward to hearing from you all, once again Thank You for your time and Happy Holidays.

-Stangmar

Dear Friend,

I think you can establish exactly what you want with the new custom video nodes...
I haven't tried this myself, but I think this should be the solution to these kind of library problems...

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_Video_Nodes

Good luck and let us know if this works for you....

Greetz and happy holidays..

Peter
Easy way with custom tile:

1. Create a smart playlist which excludes all your anime stuff.
2. Add this playlist to your favourites
3. Add the favourite as custom item

If you want to replace the default behaviour of the tv shows button, do step #1 and #2. Then go to the XBMC userdata folder and open favourites.xml. Copy the path of the playlist, i.e.
Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/YourSmartPlaylist.xsp")

and replace the onclick command in line #2229 and #2616 in Includes_Home.xml with this.
Wow, thank you so much Black, your method worked just fine! In fact yesterday I was attempting to use custom video nodes as recommended by blackally however I could not figure out what lines I needed to edit to make them work. Your way is much simpler and works just fine. Thank you both very much for your time in helping me to make this possible.

I can finally say I am done tinkering with my new XBMC media center and says its complete and working. Talk about a great day.

Happy Holidays to you both, and thank you again very much!

-Stangmar
Hey all, hope everyone had a good holiday. I had a few more things I was hoping either of you (or anyone else really) could help me with. Today I noticed that Xperence1080 has a rocking quick-nav. I was wondering three things concerning it, both relating to my original question.

First can either of you tell me what lines in what files I would need to edit to make it so when I click on TV Shows in the quick-nav to have it go to my specific TV shows file folder just like it now does on the edited home menu?

Second, is it possible to rename the music link in the quick-nav to some other name and have it point to a specific location, and if so what do I need to edit in order to make this possible? Due to the limited space on the quick-nav renaming the music link and pointing it to something I use more often would be very handy.

Third and finally the page to the left on the quick-nav that shows recently added movies is it possible to have it show recently added TV episodes instead and if so what files do I need to edit to make this possible?

Again thank you all for your time and any assistance you can offer. It is most appreciated. Hope you all have a great new year!

Sincerely,

-Stangmar
1. Line #129 in Includes_GuideInterface.xml
2. You can either choose a different location in the skin settings (home -> music panel opens - that also applies for the guide menu), i.e. music artist or if you need an even more specific location and name, it's just a few lines below (132-135) in the same file.
3. On the bottom of the guide interface is a spincontrol. You can cycle through latest movies, tv show episodes, albums and songs.
Thanks again black for your help. Worked out just fine, now not only does my home menu work exactly how I need it to, but so does the quick-nav.

Xperience1080 really is the best skin for XBMC right now, keep up the really great work. You can bet I will be following your releases closely.

Sincerely hoping you have a great New Year,

-Stangmar
Hi black I adjusted this so that my movies link, links to a smart playlist that only contains files from "G:/Movies" (I also have short animations and Live Comedy as movies and don't want to mix them)
Any way I can get the movie count label to be for the movie smart playlist only?
hi black - first of all, congrats on a great skin. it really is the most user friendly skin on xbmc and to top it off the wife loves it!

quick question - is there any way to swap the panel views on the home screen for tv and movies?

eg:- i only ever use 2 movie plugins, but i use quite a lot of TV plugins, so would it be possible have the option of having a poster view on the tv shows panel with room for 4 plugins, and the opposite on the movie panel?

what xml would i need to edit to swap them round if i wanted to do it myself?

cheers
Includes_Home.xml
(2012-12-24, 14:04)`Black Wrote: Easy way with custom tile:

If you want to replace the default behaviour of the tv shows button, do step #1 and #2. Then go to the XBMC userdata folder and open favourites.xml. Copy the path of the playlist, i.e.
Code:

and replace the onclick command in line #2229 and #2616 in Includes_Home.xml with this.

are these now on different lines Black?
be kind, rewind
Yes.
is there an easy way to detect where they are please?
be kind, rewind
(2013-05-25, 01:22)dirtymurt Wrote:
(2012-12-24, 14:04)`Black Wrote: Easy way with custom tile:

Code:

are these now on different lines Black?

(2013-05-25, 10:24)`Black Wrote: Yes.

To replace the TV tile button

To find what bit to replace open up your includes_home.xml in notepad or whatever.
Search for

Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,tvshowtitles,return)

there should be 2 instance of this in the file, replace the code on those lines.

Here's the code for the Movies tile too.

Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,movietitles,return)

I <!-- comment out --> the old line/s and make a new one underneath.

I commented out the label 2 count too, that stops the label showing how many films are there.

Code:
$INFO[Window.Property(Movies.Count)]
This is no longer needed now as all tiles on the home screen (except live tv, weather & settings) are customizable now with the latest version from github (will be on the repo soon).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Changing Home Menu Icon Linking - Xperience10801