Fixing my audio dropouts
Thought I'd share this in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

I was experiencing audio dropouts when playing high bitrate audio files (96/24 multichannel flac files) from XBMC Frodo (Beta2) which were located on my NAS. I've got my media center PC connected to my NAS via Powerline ethernet, in which I'm getting roughly 50mbps throughput, which I thought would be plenty fast enough.

At first I thought it might be an issue with XBMC, but decided to verify that it wasn't a network issue by playing the same music files that were copied to the media center's local SSD storage drive. No audio dropouts! So clearly, this suggested it was a networking issue.

When I looked at the network settings of my NAS device (a Patriot Systems Javelin S2 device running a RAID 5 array), I noticed that the maximum transfer unit (MTU) setting for the ethernet packets being sent by the NAS was set at 1500 bytes. By increasing the MTU size to something larger (under the "jumbo frames" setting of the NAS admin panel), this solved my audio dropout issue.
System: Boot Camped Mac Mini (Late 2014) with Intel Iris Graphics 5100 iGPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD - Synology 1513+ 30TB NAS - Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR - Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LCD - Canton CD 300 5.1 Surround Speakers
Hey - thanks for sharing that Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fixing my audio dropouts0