Android Where are we going with Krypton?
L've been running the android Krypton RC and I have to be honest and say, is this really where we're heading with Kodi?

I'll qualify that with some of my findings. Firstly, adding video sources. There are preconfigured Movies and TV Shows sections. Neither of these are useful for my movie and tv show libraries, which I have on a nas. But I can't edit the sources for either of these sections to add my network locations. Instead, I have to go into the Files section and configure my libraries from there. But instead of the existing TV Shows and Movies groups updating with all my library material, kodi creates 2 new groups in the Files section named, you guessed it, Movies and TV Shows. When I add my first location for each library type, I am not asked what type of material it is, so I have to add a second location for each before I can add what type of material it is. Then when kodi does a scan to populate the groups, it doesn't find all the material first time around. But when I try to run a library update, it runs for a second then stops, like it can't find the location. And it doesn't update anything. As videos ar the main part of my entertainment library, it is virtually useless.
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Where WE are heading? Should i know you from some contribution or so? ( this question is serious)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Moving this to discussions as it has nothing to do with Android development specifically.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-01-10, 02:08)mickrick Wrote: L've been running the android Krypton RC and I have to be honest and say, is this really where we're heading with Kodi?

I'll qualify that with some of my findings. Firstly, adding video sources. There are preconfigured Movies and TV Shows sections. Neither of these are useful for my movie and tv show libraries, which I have on a nas. But I can't edit the sources for either of these sections to add my network locations.

This is pretty much exactly what you should be able to do. It's why and how these sections were built.
I have been using Krypton since the Alpha 2 stage and every stage since have not had ANY issues with the library. I actually find it much better than Jarvis in many ways (once you get passed the new navigation system).

Thanks to the Kodi dev team for this great release....but if yours isn't working as expected, I would have to think it is your setup that is lacking.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where are we going with Krypton?0