Separate library for a sopecific "genre" possible?
I'd like to create a separate library for a specific "genre" of videos where these videos will not show up in my main movie library. Is there a way to do thisHuh Thanks!
One way:

Try out XBMC v12 Frodo with custom video nodes (wiki). They're based on smart playlists (wiki) and you can create nodes for just about anything. I would create the special node that you want to make and then create a second node that is all videos except the videos in the first node (just use whatever filter you used for node 1, but use it to exclude content). The second node is basically your new main movie library view, and the normal "movies" view becomes just a "show all" view.

Another way:

1. Use a skin that supports custom home items. If your preferred skin does not normally have this option, check that skin's help subforum here on xbmc.org to see if someone has made a skin mod that allows custom home items. There's a good chance they have.

2. Create two smart playlists (wiki), one that contains a filter for your node and one that is everything except for the first playlist.

3. In the skin, hide the normal "movies" option for the home screen and replace it with a custom home menu item that goes to the second smart playlist.

4. Add the first smart playlist as another custom home menu item.
I'm actually using Frodo and so far it seems there are only 3 skins compatible with it. Back Row, Transparency and Confluence. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate library for a sopecific "genre" possible?0