Time / Date wrong XBMC
Information 
I have XBMC installed on my 512mb Pi. Everything is working wonderfully except for the time/date.

When I tested the Pi with another distro from the Pi's main website it grabbed the time/date fine from the internet ntp server. I am wondering if XBMC also does this?

Right now it is off by 1 full day and about 70 minutes.

I messed around in the setting and everything looks correct for my region but it still shows wrong time/date.

Any help would be appreciated!

Merry Christmas!
You might want to ask the distro that you 1st installed.
Yeah, but if it is one of the debian based ones try a simple "apt-get install ntp" over ssh.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm sorry if what I wrote originally was confusing. When I first got the Pi I installed - Raspbian “wheezy” - from the Pi main website. The time was set perfectly with that OS.

Right now I am using Raspbmc. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Raspbmc

That is the system that doesn't have to correct time on screen. I will mess around with it today and see what I can come up with.

Thanks everyone!
Maybe the time zone didn't automatically set correctly (IIRC, XBMC will try to set it based on your IP address's geolocation information). You can set the time zone in Settings/Appearance/International (wiki)
I have the same problem.. RaspMC based Xbmc Frodo has wrong time. How to use NTP?
(2013-03-18, 17:40)realjobe Wrote: I have the same problem.. RaspMC based Xbmc Frodo has wrong time. How to use NTP?

More likely to be a raspbmc problem than an xbmc problem. Try asking here:
http://forum.stmlabs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7
Already did..
What do others use, besides RaspMC way... What is the best XBMC distro? OpenElec?
What differences are there between these "distros?"..
OpenElec "distro" seems to be quite ok, but the Wifi settings is HORRIBLE and did not work. Raspbmc's Network Manager is a blessing..
Ned Scott is correct, thanks bro.
Xbian 1.0a5 was the only Image that worked correctly with Wifi. Other images just gave up NTP if during the startup there was no network, despite that wifi was just about to kick in..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time / Date wrong XBMC0