frodo rc2 + mythtv 0.26 100% cpu until I restart myth backend
this seems to happen once every few days. the impact is slow menu nav and lots of buffering during recordings playback. restarting xbmc does not help only restarting mythbackend does the trick. I did not see this with myth 0.25.

I am running xubuntu 12.04.1

it is going to be hard to go back to mythtv 0.25
when i upgraded to 0.26 i started having problems with mythlogserver randomly going above 90% cpu.

it's been reported on the mythtv mailinglist

if it is your problem too the best i could do was make a script that would kill it if it took too much cpu.

i posted it in ubuntuforum
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2074184
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
i only see mythbackend at 100%. mythlogserver is at 1% in top.

when the problem happens however there is a lot of logging happening in the mythbackend log so i guess it might be related.
(2012-12-27, 00:15)JasonPell Wrote: i only see mythbackend at 100%. mythlogserver is at 1% in top.

when the problem happens however there is a lot of logging happening in the mythbackend log so i guess it might be related.

I'm seeing this also. The longer my MythTV system is up, the more cpu time mythbackend uses when a remote XBMC system is playing a video. Eventually, the cpu load becomes so high that we get stuttering. A reboot of the MythTV box always fixes the problem, but only temporarily.

I don't know how to determine whether the cmyth XBMC addon, XBMC itself, or MythTV is the root cause of this.

Any ideas on how to get this resolved??

I performed a little experiment. I started up an ssh session to my MythTV box, and ran top so that I could monitor cpu usage for the mythbackend process.

On my frontend machine (Acer AspireRevo 1600 running Ubuntu) I started Mythfrontend and played an episode of a program recorded at 1080i. Checking the MythTV system, the mythbackend process' cpu load was hovering around 20%.

Next, I closed Mythfrontend and started XBMC on the same machine. I used it to play the exact same episode. Now mythbackend was consuming about 50% cpu time consistently.

Clearly, there's something different about how XBMC interacts with the MythTV backend system. Since non-XBMC MythTV users don't seem to be reporting problems with excessive cpu load with Mythbackend, I wonder if XBMC or the cmyth plugin are somehow triggering the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
frodo rc2 + mythtv 0.26 100% cpu until I restart myth backend0