Bug Clicking sounds and grey picture on start or skip video playback
When I start playing a video, I get a loud click just before playback starts and I also get this on pausing/unpausing. If I skip forward/backward I get one click as it goes into skip and three as it comes out of it.

Also, at the start of playback and after skipping, the picture is a completely grey sort of embossed image for about 5 seconds before it returns to normal.

I'm using composite video out and analog audio. I've observed these bugs with both Raspbmc and OpenElec.

I snapped a pic of the grey video (tried using XBMC's Screenshot first but that just gives a blank picture when video is playing). I'm running interlaced, hence the bars across the picture which are only visible in photos, not normal viewing so please ignore those!

I've also noticed that it doesn't seem possible to accumulate skips whilst the video is playing, so if I press Right several times it will still only skip forward 30s. If I pause the video first and then press Right it increase the skiptime 30s per press so that when I unpause it will skip forward however much I set it to but this is rather non-user friendly and it would be better if it could be used without having to pause first. The skip popup is rather small and hard to see at the top of the screen as well and it would be better if it appeared in the middle of the screen, just showing +30s, +1min, -30s, -1min, etc, with the timeline at the bottom of the screen as normal. To show what I mean, here's a screenshot from Mediaportal:

The latest nightly has fixed this already.
OK, I only did a fresh install yesterday but I'll try the latest nightlies for both Raspbmc and OpenElec.
(2012-12-27, 14:04)s7mx1 Wrote: The latest nightly has fixed this already.

What bug are you talking about? Analog audio pop, garbage screen due to skip to non keyframe or that pause-skip?
Just tried the 2712 Raspbmc nightly and the grey/garbage screen after skip is gone. Clicking is as bad as ever though and the skip still doesn't work as expected.

Ffwd doesn't work either and just mutes the sound without speeding up the video.
FF/RW not supported by omxplayer.
OK, that's a shame.

As for the grey problem, it's fixed for most video but still happens with MPEG2 (TV recordings made with Mediaportal, in .TS) but not for as long as before I don't think.
Running the latest Raspbmc nightly and still plagued by these audio pops when starting video/TV and when skipping.

Is there any hope that they can be eliminated as they're really quite loud and annoying?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clicking sounds and grey picture on start or skip video playback1